• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SGS(UK Orange, GT-I9000) Wifi weak signal after 2.1 -> 2.2

Hey,

i've noticed nothing directly related to cupcake to froyo having major problems with wifi.

Before my upgrade to 2.2, which was done by a samsung service centre (because i have had bad experiences they kindly did it for me), I had a perfectly strong wifi signal and I could even get access from a couple hundred meters away at a local shop.

Now I am 2.2 - utterly pathetic weak signal.

Phoned Samsung to get them to downgrade or tell me how; they said it wasn't possible. Also they could not give me an answer as to when it would be updated to fix this problem.

Im at a complete loss, tried everything with my router (which, frankly, is not the problem). Even standing next to the damn thing is 2 bars!!!

Im happy to go back to 2.1, I have had nothing but problems with 2.2 - the adobe flash usage is beyond terrible, and that was the only impulse.

Any help, I would very much appreciate.

Im not changing my perfect settings on a completely seperate piece of hardware when it worked perfectly before.

My phone is slower, runs hotter, battery life is 2 hours of medium use, no wifi, barely get mobile data. All because of this crap update. Now sumsung tell me i cannot downgrade... Amazing. Screw android, google and samsung - they have created a **** child.

The second my contract is up, im going for an iPhone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones