SGS2 - Android 4.0 - Battery not chargingSupport

Last Updated:

1. fonduekid

fonduekid Well-Known Member

Hi People,

My first post here. I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 4.0 this morning (official release).

I have noticed the batter is not charging anymore. Did I miss something like battery calibration or similar?

My batter is stuck at 28% now and it doesn't charge though I see "Charging" when I plug in the AC adapter or the USB.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks a lot and cheers..

2. caloyzki

caloyzki Well-Known Member

i just updated too, from gingerbread 2.3.4 to ICS 4.0.3, but i noticed that my phone wont charge. anybody else experincing this kind of problem too?
  3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Does your phone show that its charging when it's turned off. If it does charge it to 100% while off then unplug and remove the battery. Wait for a couple of minutes and then replace the battery and power back on. That should recalibrate your battery.
  4. fonduekid

I did this ^ ... and it works now, charging is fine. But I notice that it's a bit slower through USB, than before. But it works.

And also, another option is to try a factory reset (remember to backup your data before you do it).

Another thing I noticed is that the battery drains faster than before. I have the same settings (display, power saving, etc) as before, but still the battery drains faster.
  5. DagSigg

DagSigg New Member

I had a similar experience, but it turned out that Media server uses 78% of battery usage!
    I can hardly charge fast enough, it took 4 hours from I was fully charged until I was down to 13%!
    Considering reset to factory settings and try again ...
  6. fonduekid

Well it doesn't drain so fast for me.. but still.. and yes, I have done the factory reset. Also, for me its the Android OS which is taking up much of the battery!!