SGS2 Epic overheating too much!!

Last Updated: 2012-08-09 18:32:42
  1. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member

I got an extended battery for my phone... It solved the battery drainage problem (for the most part)...
    However, now the phone overheats if I use more than 1 or two apps in a short period of time. This also includes phone calls..

Can anyone please help? I have replaced my battery 4 times now, the last one time being an extended battery made by Trexcell...

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I don't know if this could have anything to do with your problem but its something I ran across. Its also several months old.

Have you called your carrier or Samsung about the problem?
    godsdragon likes this.
  3. godsdragon

Thanks so much. I have not called, but I will.
  4. godsdragon

I called Samsung. They set me up to send the phone for "repairs". I told them I am currently using a Trexcell extended battery. They said to send both the original one and my current one. They also said to send the charger.

What I am afraid of is that they will say...The phone works well on the original battery... It is your new battery that is causing the problem..... I also told them this is the third battery I replace on my phone...
    I really do not trust the corporate world.. I've had some really bad experiences in the past couple of months...
    I need to have faith they will do the ethical thing and solve my problem.

The technician said my phone is already updated to the latest OS, so... the problem with the GPS chip was taken care of....

Anyway.. This will make me or break me getting another Samsung in the future...
  5. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Well good luck. Hopefully they will take care of you. :)
    godsdragon likes this.