1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SGS2 Kies not syncing OS 2.3.5Support

1. alexm8

alexm8 Member

i have recently upgraded to the the SGS2 firmware 2.3.5 (from my previous 2.3.3) and i can no longer sync to my phone

it connects fine with the MTP initialisation and connected message popping up on the notification bar, but when i click sync, nothing happens on the phone

plese help :confused:

alex

Advertisement
    :
  2. napi1

napi1 Member

try to key in this in dialer

*#7284#

it has 4 option there..

UART
    MODEM
    PDA
    USB
    MODEM
    PDA

For usb. select the PDA.if it already selected to PDA. reselect it by select MODEM and then PDA again.. Only change the USB setting.. andthen press back. try reconnect to kies again..
    hope it helps..
    suvarghyadutta likes this.
  3. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

Consider yourself lucky. The 2.3.5 update isn't even available for me (non-branded phone).
  4. napi1

napi1 Member

mine update now is 2.3.6
  5. dunjamon

dunjamon Well-Known Member

Same as me...I've been checking it constantly.
  6. mk2vr6

mk2vr6 Member

I flashed 2.3.5 using Odin, after struggling for longer than I should have with The crap Kies software.
    Took ten minutes if that, where as i wasted hours trying different things with Kies.
  7. adamantell

adamantell Well-Known Member

Three, pushed the update 2.3.5 and for me it's unreal so much smoother and faster then 2.3.5 no charge or sync problems here.
  8. hi all,

any luck with , as I believe I have a similar problem, but that *# business didn't work....

many thanks
  9. war7

war7 New Member

OMG>>>> Just works fine for me>>>>>>>>>Thanxxx
    Happ New Year every one
  10. suvarghyadutta

suvarghyadutta New Member

Bingo....I just upgraded from Froyo to Gingerbread 2.3.6 today and my phone stopped being shown in either Kies or in My Computer...got very worried. Googling led me onto this site and voila...this remedy worked like magic.

Thanks to all.
  11. anasdimi

anasdimi New Member

I do not know if this thread is closed or not. I was googling regarding a similar problem and end up here.
    I have the same problem with my SGS2 and Kies but my android version is 2.3.3. I did not have that problem with Windows XP but I am facing it now with Wndows 7 (I do not know if this is relevant). The keying of *#7284# does not give me the same options as described above ( I imagine that is because I have the older android version) I tried to upgrade the android version but Samsung update tells that there is no upgrade available.....Any ideas, anyone?
  12. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums anasdimi! :)

To see if there is an update available for your phone, see posts #1 & #2, here.

The majority of Galaxy S2's are on at least Gingerbread, Android 2.3.5 or 2.3.6, with even further updates to Ice Cream Sandwich, Android 4.0.3 & 4.0.4, being available.

It all depends on your CSC code and whether your phone has been altered, rooted, flashed, etc; in any way... as explained in the posts.

They also explain what you can do to update your phone yourself.

Hope this helps.