• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SGS2 Skyrocket Android 2.3.6 "update is failed"

Hi all,

So I recently flashed my AT&T SGS2 Skyrocket back to a stock 2.3.5 ROM I downloaded off the net (that's probably my first problem.) My phone downloads the 2.3.6 update, but I keep getting an "update is failed" message once it the update starts and gets to the 25% preparing progress mark. (I've done this dance more times than I'm proud of :D ) Then the phone reboots and I get the "Install Interrupted - The software update could not be installed at this time" message.

I know there was an issue initially with the 2.3.6 update failing, what am I doing wrong?

-Unintelligent noob :dancing2:

Flashing back to that ROM for 2.3.5 will cause the 2.3.6 update to fail every time.

Few options you have see if you have an AT&T Device Support Center near you and have them flash there version of 2.3.5 and it should update to 2.3.6.

I did the same thing, went to AT&T they flashed it and mine still failed. AT&T ended up sending me a new Skyrocket with 2.3.6 already in stalled just got it yesterday.

Hi all,

So I recently flashed my AT&T SGS2 Skyrocket back to a stock 2.3.5 ROM I downloaded off the net (that's probably my first problem.) My phone downloads the 2.3.6 update, but I keep getting an "update is failed" message once it the update starts and gets to the 25% preparing progress mark. (I've done this dance more times than I'm proud of :D ) Then the phone reboots and I get the "Install Interrupted - The software update could not be installed at this time" message.

I know there was an issue initially with the 2.3.6 update failing, what am I doing wrong?

-Unintelligent noob :dancing2:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones