• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SGS2 vs Sensation for reading text

Text = mainly the Bible.

Is the higher resolution of the sensation going to make reading much easier on the eye? If so, is it that much better that it should sway me toward getting the sensation?

What about web browsing. Which will offer me a more enjoyable experience?

I'm torn between these two phones, with the LG Black running in 3rd, due to it's Nova display. Not really an option for me to try these before purchasing.

Thanks.

The SGS2 has a great display. I have not seen the Sensation display yet, but its qHD doesn't have the Pentile layout that compromises the sharpness like in certain Motorola phones. I love my SGS2 but I got a feeling the Sensation would have an edge here in terms of text sharpness and clarity.

As for browsing, I am in the opinion the SGS2 is slightly faster based on browser benchmarks but those numbers are not meaningful in real time situations.

You won't fail on both, but for you, my opinion is the Sensation slightly ahead of the finish line.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones