• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SGS3 and Google Music Issue

I've had my Galaxy S3 for a few weeks now and I love it, but I am having a very consistent problem with Google Music.

When starting from a fresh reboot and playing 'On Device' music through the headphone jack, the first song will play fine but the second song will suddenly play out of the phone's speakers. I don't believe this is an issue with the headphone jack because it happens consistently and only right when the song is changing. It never happens in the middle of a song, only when changing from song 1 to song 2.

Once I get it to play out of the headphones again, song 2 will play fine, but song 3 will continue to 'play' after the song is done. For example, a song that is 2:30 long will 'play' into 3 minutes and beyond. Again, this is consistent and repeatable.

I'm not sure if this is related, it appears to be, I am seeing heavy battery usage from the 'mediaserver' process long after I have stopped listening to music. This process also keeps the phone 'awake' which kills the battery. The only way to stop this is to reboot the phone.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones