• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M] Metropolis Rom [4.3 Touchwiz]

hey guys, sorry for that last batch ;) this time it's all fixed fully working properly etc..

http://www.mediafire.com/?22ul98keg622qzc

flash this in recovery to recieve these features:
-MultiWindow for ALL Apps (see note: 1)
-4-Way Reboot Options
-Smooth Scroll (see note: 2)

Each MOD is added onto seperate files, so if you want to pick and choose, than just pull the files accordingly:

~MultiWindow=
--system/app/FlashBarService.apk
--system/framework/services.jar
--system/lib/liblidroid-flashbar.so

~4-Way Reboot=
--system/framework/android.policy.jar

~Smooth Scroll=
--system/framework/framework2.jar

Notes:
1. After flashing, you will see all apps in app drawer will be listed in multiwindow / flashbar...Search for flashbar in data/data and then delete the folder. Now reboot...You will have all the apps in flashbar in sorted order!

2. Quote by AndroidON from Original Thread here
I cant seem to find the data/data folder so i can delete the flashbar folder. Is it in the zip file that you made or in the internal storage? Sorry for the newb question.

Upvote 0
hey guys, sorry for that last batch ;) this time it's all fixed fully working properly etc..

http://www.mediafire.com/?22ul98keg622qzc

flash this in recovery to recieve these features:
-MultiWindow for ALL Apps (see note: 1)
-4-Way Reboot Options
-Smooth Scroll (see note: 2)

Each MOD is added onto seperate files, so if you want to pick and choose, than just pull the files accordingly:

~MultiWindow=
--system/app/FlashBarService.apk
--system/framework/services.jar
--system/lib/liblidroid-flashbar.so

~4-Way Reboot=
--system/framework/android.policy.jar

~Smooth Scroll=
--system/framework/framework2.jar

Notes:
1. After flashing, you will see all apps in app drawer will be listed in multiwindow / flashbar...Search for flashbar in data/data and then delete the folder. Now reboot...You will have all the apps in flashbar in sorted order!

2. Quote by AndroidON from Original Thread here
I deleted the flashbar folder and it all works well except after I edited it and wanted to add a app that was toward the end of the list it gave me the wrong app on the flashbar. Have anyone else experienced this?

Upvote 0
I just updated my girlfriends s3 to the latest version.
Why is it every time I reboot the phone it optimizes the apps every time.
Also she doesnt seem to be getting 4G anymore. I have the same phone and Im sitting right next to her and I have 4g.

Don't know what's causing the optimizing on each reboot. Do a complete wipe & reinstall & see what happens then. That would be my suggestion.
As for the 4g, the reinstall might help that too. Keep in mind that no 2 phones will react the same way....even sitting beside each other.

Upvote 0
Don't know what's causing the optimizing on each reboot. Do a complete wipe & reinstall & see what happens then. That would be my suggestion.
As for the 4g, the reinstall might help that too. Keep in mind that no 2 phones will react the same way....even sitting beside each other.
Called metro on the 4g and they fixed it.

As for the optimizing still happening. oh well, my girlfriend doesnt restart her phone all that often so it shouldnt be a problem. It was more bugging me. She didnt even notice. If she complains about it, I'll redo it.

Thanks for the reply

Upvote 0
Im having the same issue as jtw1216 with this rom wanting to constantly optimize apps.. any way to pinpoint which app if any app is the culprit.. I have determined its not tbib and i tried reflashing rom and rebooting right after inital setup no updates and still getting the optimization issue every reboot... any ideas

Factory reset and then flash the rom again. Probably something wrong with app data. Reflashing the rom alone wont do much. Factory reset should clear that.

Reactions: confed
Upvote 0
You can flash whatever bootani you like :) I used Rom Toolbox from the playstore. It has a few to choose from.

I happen to like the new youtube app :p lol
lol nahh i think shabby's kernel has like it's own boot-up splash screens "THAT HE WORKED VERY HARD ON BY THE WAY" that som people dont sem to enjoy LOLOL so they gotta flash the stock kenel.. not sure if it effects the actual boot ani proccess itself

Upvote 0
my custom bootanimation was in like the 3rd version, this was one i paid for and had to make into a bootanimation myself (obviously it failed :p )
I was wondering if you will have the boot animation on the next update? I tried the Boot Animation app but it caused a couple of reboots so I wiped everything and used by backup to restore. Has anyone else had this problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones