• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M] Metropolis Rom [4.3 Touchwiz]

I was wondering if you will have the boot animation on the next update? I tried the Boot Animation app but it caused a couple of reboots so I wiped everything and used by backup to restore. Has anyone else had this problem?
hey.. not rying to step on toes here lol but so far i noticed the only complaint of this rom is the bootanimation.. so again shabby we appreciate the effort you put into making this but i just would like to inform people.. it caused by the boot.img.. so if it really bothers you guys you can take the boot.img from #2.. it's got the stock bootani setup in it so any ones you try to add afterwards should work ;) no trying to encourage a rom switch.. but jus a kernel switch.. they are both the same stock kernel so nothing else should be affected :D

if anyone needs help on flashing lemme kno i can make a recovery flasher :)

Upvote 0
hey.. not rying to step on toes here lol but so far i noticed the only complaint of this rom is the bootanimation.. so again shabby we appreciate the effort you put into making this but i just would like to inform people.. it caused by the boot.img.. so if it really bothers you guys you can take the boot.img from #2.. it's got the stock bootani setup in it so any ones you try to add afterwards should work ;) no trying to encourage a rom switch.. but jus a kernel switch.. they are both the same stock kernel so nothing else should be affected :D

if anyone needs help on flashing lemme kno i can make a recovery flasher :)

i dont believe i left the qmg files in, my kernel runs bootanimation.zip files. unfortunatly its my bootanimation.zip that sucks, swapping it using rom toolbox or teh like fixes it :)

Upvote 0
i dont believe i left the qmg files in, my kernel runs bootanimation.zip files. unfortunatly its my bootanimation.zip that sucks, swapping it using rom toolbox or teh like fixes it :)
well i used 1.4 as the original base and added my own shit but it still showed your custom bootani untill i removed it from boot.img.. just copy stock files over to yours lol than al was good ;)

and im not trying to encourage ppl to use another rom lol jus letting them know my kernel was edited for bootani's :D sorry for the confusion :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones