1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

[SGS3-R530M] Modem Repository

1. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

Hey guys ill be posting all the modems we have here

http://shabbypenguin.com/?developer=MetroPCS_Samsung_SG3(CDMA-White)

Download them and flash in cwm and should write the modem :), i can make odin tars if anyone really wants em. ill be updating as time goes on.

now you may be wondering why? sometimes the latest modem isnt always teh best one, different people get better battery or worse, better signal and speeds depending. so test them all very thoroughly and see what works for you :)

Advertisement
  2. The Capo

The Capo Well-Known Member

What does this do??
  3. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

How do we know which modem we currently have?
  4. Shabbypenguin

go to about phone and your baseband you can see the LJ1 or LJ3 in the string
    divagirl and airtioteclint like this.
  5. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

Cool. Downloading and testing lj3 now.
  6. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

Thanks bud... :)
  7. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

like shab said may or may not improve anything usually if it dosn't improve anything probaly fixes a few bugs to make your phone's radio more efficient aka less battery consumption.
  8. Shabbypenguin

well its hard to say, on teh epic 4g touch some people had better speeds on some of the ics modems, but some experienced loss of signal (your phone goes into airplane mode without letting you know and can only be fixed by reboot) so they were misisng calls/texts. some get better battery on older ones its all per user really hence why im uploading all of tehm that i have so that people can try for themselves and customize their phone how they want :)
    DaisFlaque and Twin Prime like this.
  9. kungfu411

kungfu411 Well-Known Member

I was on lj1.. damn i almost hit 16 mbps good stuff tks shabby
    [​IMG]
  10. edgeez25

edgeez25 Well-Known Member

Been missing you around here Shabby... Glad to see your knocking stuff out like always... :thumbup:....

P.S its ok to flash on twrp or no?
  11. firenemesis7

firenemesis7 Well-Known Member

Works great shabby. I flashed using TWRP.
    edgeez25 likes this.
  12. divagirl

divagirl Well-Known Member

Can I try this with any room, without problems occurring?
  13. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

its made for our metro pcs samsung galaxy s3 phone shabby merely pulled it from our stock rom and latest 2.99mb update ;) now for those that couldnt update b4 can now have the latest radio update.
    Twin Prime and divagirl like this.
  14. Shabbypenguin

indeed. any one can flash these on any roms. they are meant to switch as you wish. in case you were on a custom rom and wante dteh new radios but didnt want to flahs back to get it :)
  15. The Capo

The Capo Well-Known Member

Failed on twrp don't know why... About to try with clock work mod. I got it.... I had to move the zip to external in order to flash..
  16. ironlung

ironlung Well-Known Member

When will you be able to upload the original lj1 modem as the new one made my speeds slower and I would like to flash back. Thank you for everything you do by the way
  17. Shabbypenguin

sorry i forgot to add the link, its up :)
    legmando33 likes this.
  18. ironlung

ironlung Well-Known Member

Thank you again shabby, you guys really do rock
  19. AP2FTW

AP2FTW Well-Known Member Contributor

we dont have to wipe anything before flashing this do we?
  20. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Me personally anything I flash I wipe cache and dalvik cache but that's just me :)
  21. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

i don't wipe unless its huge system files such as gapps or installing a rom. but dosn't hurt to wipe cache/dalvik.
    Twin Prime and AP2FTW like this.
  22. DrHangman

DrHangman Well-Known Member

Running on LJ3 now. Thanks Shabby.
    I had to reboot one more time after flashing to get data working again. Works like a charm. I'll test it out and see if I can find a difference.

Thanks again for making the MetroPCS SIII a real part of the SIII community.
    mike28 likes this.
  23. Fredccs

Fredccs Active Member

I have LJ1.... do I flash the LJ3 ???
  24. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Yes you have to
  25. Shabbypenguin

you dont have to, you can be on any modem that you want. sometimes there is a noticable difference, sometimes there isnt its up to you to test :)
    edgeez25 likes this.