1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

[SGS3-R530M] Return to stock & reset your flash counter

1. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

how are you even downloaidng it? the link was supposed to be broken just a second ago. cancel teh download and then redownload from post three it works fine for me and nuttmeg
  2. Gam3r 4 Life

Gam3r 4 Life Well-Known Member

I am downloading the one from post #3, so Im not sure I understand what you mean. Downloading "www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R530M/Stock/LJ1/R530MVQALJ1.tar"

Nevermind I see that it just froze at 42%. Ill stop and redo. It now only says .tar. I guess I started downloading it at the same time you updated. Thanks
  3. ruthlessnature

ruthlessnature Well-Known Member

Mine only says 3 but I've flashed all available ROMs a few times each why is that?

Sent from my SCH-R530M
  4. Gam3r 4 Life

Hey is it suppose to be 1.1GB now? The original one was like 697mb or so.
  5. thatguy96

thatguy96 Well-Known Member

I have two questions.
    1. If i flash the flash counter reset zip, do i have to wipe data or anything?
    2. Will the flash counter zip work even after the jellybean update in february?
  6. Shabbypenguin

yup

it only counts how many times youve flashed something via odin, not via cwm/twrp
    1) no
    2) hope so... if not ill update :)
    divagirl and thatguy96 like this.
  7. thatguy96

alright thanks and final question that tar you posted in post 3 can i flash that via mobile ODIN
  8. Gam3r 4 Life

Double post sorry.
  9. Gam3r 4 Life

OK. Thanks at about 88% now. Will update this post with results. :D

Update: Ok using the new 1.1gb tar I was able to Odin to full stock. Everything worked great. Now to install all my apps again. LOL. Thanks again Shabby!!

PS: One last question for Shabby. What made up the extra 300mbs of space from the old tar to the new 1.1gb tar? Less compression?
  10. Shabbypenguin

mobile odin doesnt support our devices and prolly never will. i have messaged chainfire, tweeted at him and posted on his google+. apparently this isnt the first sgs3 variant he has blown off so i wouldnt hold your breath, and if i were you id try to get your 5 bucks back
    Gam3r 4 Life likes this.
  11. thatguy96

oh ok thanks for all you're doing for the s III owners :thumbup:
  12. Boomkid

Boomkid Well-Known Member

I flashed the counter on TWRP and it was successful but when I went to the download screen it still says 5 counts. I tried ODIN but I can't find it with ODIN, I know where it is just can't see it with ODIN. Am I doing something wrong?
  13. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

I just tested and works for me, did you do the samsung upgrade?
    airtioteclint likes this.
  14. Boomkid

Boomkid Well-Known Member

Which update is that?

Side question, How do I create a back up of my stock GS3 without rooting?
  15. nuttmeg

You can do a stock pull using adb command, but to make a backup of your rom, you will need to install cwm or twrp recovery.
    Boomkid likes this.
  16. galaxys3some

galaxys3some Member

17. Shabbypenguin

no that file will return your phone to brand new like status. as in your sdcard will be wiped and your phone will be stock.
  18. firenemesis7

firenemesis7 Well-Known Member

19. Shabbypenguin

updated downloads post with new LJ3 tar. if anyone is wanting to absolutely be certain they get the jellybean update you can flash this tar and be ready for it :).

again thanks to the unknown source and all of his contacts :)
    hackler007, confed and divagirl like this.
  20. galaxys3some

galaxys3some Member

I downloaded the stock rom with root so can I just flash the LJ3 now without setting counter to 0?
  21. nuttmeg

Your counter will go up if you flash a img file like twrp/cwm.
  22. galaxys3some

galaxys3some Member

Does that matter when a update comes out? Sorry am new to this and trying to learn as much as possible in a short amount of time. Let me start over does lj3 just help allow the update to take affect on my phone? As for the counter is that if you need to send the phone in to metro and has nothing to do with an update. I also do not like odin twrp will work to flash right?
  23. thatguy96

could this work on mac...i dont want to go to my friends house just to use the application
  24. Shabbypenguin

25. thatguy96

...time to get a pc :p thanks for the response though its no big deal imma get a laptop soon and before that i can just go to my friends house