• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M] Return to stock & reset your flash counter

No matter what device/computer I use (used my home computer, work computer, and phone) I cannot complete a download for any of the tarballs, is something wrong with the site Shabby?

I, too, was unable to download complete file.
Download would quit at 340 of 747MB, or 600 of 1100MB (7-8 attempts).

Problem was caused by my cheap 1MB download speed via Brighthouse -- I just upgraded to the next level (10MB), and was able to quickly d/l even the largest file.

My problem solved.

Upvote 0
Trying to Download any of the TAR's from your site. It is going well and then the DL stops incomplete. I have a 30mbps download speed. I have tried in IE, Firefox, and Chrome, and everytime it gets to about the 1gb point and dies. Are there any other links for the MF2 tar download?

Ok so got it to do the full 1.2gb after 5 attempts

Upvote 0
Trying to Download any of the TAR's from your site. It is going well and then the DL stops incomplete. I have a 30mbps download speed. I have tried in IE, Firefox, and Chrome, and everytime it gets to about the 1gb point and dies. Are there any other links for the MF2 tar download?

Ok so got it to do the full 1.2gb after 5 attempts

One of my connections I used was an OC-12, I don't think my connection is the issue.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i had stopped because it wasnt booting, omni didnt support any of teh qualcomm s3's. so i put it on the back burner, i was gearing up for 4.4 but hroark knocked that out of the park with quechon. i was hoping the 4.3 update was coming soon so i could work on that :/

Haha yeah what's up with that rumored 4.3 update? No one has it?

Upvote 0
need to boot into recovery and do a factory reset if you came from an aosp based rom :)

I came from Metropolis ROM. I tried rebooting 3 times, went into recovery and did a factory reset 3 times, also tried to do a data wipe and then factory reset still a no go.

Went back to Metropolis ROM.

I dont care for 4.3 or 4.4 or just the way the file system is managed...Maybe because i am so familiar with 4.1 lol...stubborn as i am.

Gonna try again tonight see what happens

Ok so i have tried several times with the MF2 and i just keep going to the Metro screen and locking up from there. Have gone and wiped data, caches and everything and still no luck...

Any suggestions.

Upvote 0
R530M (d2mtr)

All tars can be found at ShabbyPenguin

using these tars will wipe your entire device. the only way they will know you were rooted is via download counter.

How to reset the flash counter

use triangle away for flash counter resets, its the only thing that woprks anymore

Credits for flash counter reset:
airtioteclint
edgeez25
averagewonder
and a very special big thanks to billard412 for helping me learn this stuff.

Tar files are different on your site from the one in post #1 or am I seeing it wrong

Upvote 0
Yeah tried contacting them, I contacted the SOS line and they tried to program it manually with no fix. Then they raised a ticket for the engineers to take a look at it. She told me it would take them 1 to 5 days to get back to me. Only problem is I need my phone for work, and without it im a sunk ship. Ill look into how to do a nv item reset, thanks for your help. I hope I get this sorted soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones