1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SGS4 244% Superior than the iPhone 5

1. cyprusx

cyprusx Active Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Obligatory SGS4/iPhone5 thread, moved to Lounge.
  3. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Why here & not the S4 forum ?

More of a request than a question :p

ADDED : was a joke people. :)
  4. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Well-Known Member

244% that's very accurate!! Who came up with those numbers? lol
  5. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Well-Known Member

Though I wouldn't agree with everything. The Galaxy S4 has a removable body, which in my eyes I see as a Plus, so a Uni-Body is not necessary for me. Oh, do I want a S4 right now!! Though, I do want to see what the Note III is going to have, because I feel special with a giant Phablet!!
  6. EarlyMon

Same reason we moved the One vs SGS4 threads out of those forums to Device/Carrier, not really topical to the device.

If this were "help me move from iPhone, new to Android & SGS4" that would be different and would stay there.

Arbitrary comparison scales to an iPhone are more Lounge-ish, and inevitably lead to the same discussion.
    D-U-R-X, ScandaLeX, ocnbrze and 5 others like this.
  7. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

They just tallied up how many categories the SGS4 won compared to how many catagories the iP5 won. Final score was 31-9 in favour of the SGS4. The ration of 31/9 = 3.44, so the SGS4 has 2.44 times more category wins than the iP5. 2.44 = 244%. The numbers are pretty meaningless as you can make up any number of categories to manipulate the final score.

Also, they weigh every category exactly the same. For instance, is contrast ratio really equivalent to sunlight contrast? They list unibody design as something desirable, but no category for replaceable battery. That exclusive button catagory doesn't make sense. Weight is subjective as some people hate light phones. I also find it funny that they list hydrometer, thermometer and barometer as categories. Not sure if I really care for any of those. I'd rather have more storage.

Given how they tally the scores, I would say that the final result is pretty much useless to anyone wanting to know how good one phone is compared to another.
  8. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

Yet . . .

"AppleInsider reports today that iOS continues to make inroads into Android
  9. EarlyMon

Thanks for that news from Appleinsider.

It's so... so... informative.

Thanks for pointing out who has the chip on their shoulder as well.

That was certainly more of the same.

Merged your posts for you until you can get the hang of multiquoting or the edit button.
  10. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

My $49 Samsung Galaxy Precedent is superior to the 5 and it runs Android Froyo. I just love the tiny little thing and its big brother the Galaxy Tab 2. Besides Google Now and Sherpa blows Siri away completely
  11. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Well, the S4 is newer, so that makes sense. And I don't really think subjective categories should be considered (*coughdesigncough*).

Still cool though.
  12. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

<grammar nazi>

"Were tech go to war" :rolleyes: I'm sure my middle school students can do better than that.

</grammar nazi>
  13. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

What's the over/under on how long it takes for this thread to get locked? ;)
  14. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

well if you said the next post....then you would have been right;):p:D

JK:D:D:D
    i do not see why we should close it just yet. as long as everyone plays nice, it could lead to great discussion between the two devices.
  15. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Everyone play nice in an Apple vs ____ thread? Well, there's always a first time...:p
    jmar likes this.
  16. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Even though I went all Green on this thread, I'm down for civil and intellectual musings on this topic.

jmar
  17. EarlyMon

Fine. The original comparison is pants.

This one cuts to the iOS vs Android chase and isn't pants -

Droid Den
    Granite1, Hadron, Gmash and 2 others like this.
  18. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I think this perfectly illustrates the difference between "accurate" and "precise": "244%" is very precise, but describing the article as "trash" would be accurate :D
    Granite1, ocnbrze, 9to5cynic and 3 others like this.
  19. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Not really an article, even. More of a chart of mostly subjective comparisons, which would have been fine if they hadn't attached the silly score to it.
  20. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

Same old, same old.

But the OP chart fails to acknowledge subjectivity.

Memory or processor can be universally considered 'better', but aspects like weight and screen-size preferences are more of a personal choice.
  21. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

NYCHitman1 and EarlyMon like this.
  22. pbf98

pbf98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Agreed, I could really care less if the difference between the two in weight is 18 grams, my hand will most likely not be able to tell the difference, let alone the added weight in my pocket. Same goes for thinness.. I am not going to be able to really tell the difference between 7.4 and 7.9 (mm I'm guessing?) unless i have a micrometer

But I do like the fact that they added an infrared! lol I was wondering when that would happen a couple years ago.

My girlfriend is getting this phone at the end of the month, and her step brother is getting the iphone 5.. he insists that its better ha! Because he has an Android 2.3.5 phone and he didn't know anything about the new ones
  23. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm running android 2.3.5, and could provide a list of reasons why *for me* this is better than an iPhone 5.

But agreed, many spec points are very subjective. One person's ideal is someone else's too large/too small/too dull/too garish/whatever.
    Granite1, 9to5cynic and ocnbrze like this.