Last Updated:

1. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Thread moved to metro forum since it's not about the s3 :)

2. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

4. jtw1216

jtw1216 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would love to have a note 2 also for metro. Buy that's a lotta money to drop in a test bed.
  5. jahunt78

jahunt78 Well-Known Member

A metro store near me does layaway of sorts I guess my told me she seen a poster for it when she paid her bill I haven't been in the store to see it I'd rather use the my metro app to pay my bill
  6. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

Are you sure whoever it is (that you mistyped) that allegedly saw this poster knows the difference between the number 3 and a 4? :rolleyes:

I can't imagine how they'd see a poster for a phone that probably doesn't even exist yet.

IF Metro is ever getting the S4, they probably don't know now whether it'll say Metro on it or T-Mo as I don't think Anyone has Any Real Insight right now whether the merger will even go through or not. I doubt Metro puts the final specs sheet into Samsung for their model of the S4 until they know if the merger happens or not. (Now they may have say 3 different possible options already to go to Samsung depending on how the merger pans out but it's FAR from panned out Yet.)

Also someone usually digs out the FCC paperwork once they approve a new phone model. There has been zippidy doodah squatola released on Any Metro S4.

I'd bet money that any possible upcoming Metro S4 poster doesn't even exist yet.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  7. ellunit500

ellunit500 Well-Known Member

Really ive had my sg3 for 2 weeks and paid 500$ for it
  8. jahunt78

Well as I was stating poster was about layaway@ metro I didn't say any anything about sgs4 cause some 1 said some thing about gs3 being expensive
  9. elcocho852

elcocho852 Well-Known Member

I have a question.. If you pay your Bill through the mymetro app do you get charge the extra 2 or 3 dollars???
  10. jahunt78

Honestly no idea if the amount looks normal I pay its $66
  11. Vyrus69

Vyrus69 Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight...CRICKET?! Gets the GS4 on debut and not Metro?! WTH!!!!
  12. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

lol, shame we dont know if us cellular devices can be flashed to metro or not. would offer up some hope that the sgs4 could be ported over :p
  13. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru

14. Shabbypenguin

thats 3g, thats been around for a while and would be part of it. but my theory is posted above about getting 4g to work :)
  15. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru

Oh yeah, I forgot about the 4G problem :banghead:
  16. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Seeing that the merger if approved is less than a month away they're probably waiting to see if the merger is approved so they can just have NewCo. secure the deal to sell the phones or if not approved they get the deal themselves. In the end it would save money & might even be better for the end user.
  17. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised IF Metro plans on introducing the S4 anytime soon that Sammy already has everything they need to know to build the Metro S4 and who knows may already be testing one. Stands to reason Metro would cover their bases and be ready to go whichever way the merger vote goes.

I wouldn't be holding my breath though.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  18. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru

If you're implying that t-mobile and metropcs might sell the same phone, then I would be willing to bet money against it. Approving the merger is just the start. I would imagine they have at least half a year of work on the cell towers before they can even think of such things.
  19. Pappy62

Pappy62 Well-Known Member

I'm betting it will be 1-2 years of tower work 'before they can even think of such things'... but, I've been proven wrong before.
    I thought I was wrong once... turns out I was right all along. lol
  20. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Why wouldn't they sell the same phone with just different branding if the merger is completed? Thats what Sprint does to its prepaid. If you mean metropcs version has CDMA while the tmobile one doesnt, that would not happen they dont want to add people to the CDMA network.
  21. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Hmm I think I see what you guys mean but why would it take them so long?
    All they have to do is add the IMEI's for LTE to their tower database so our phones can authenticate it in places where they have LTE and then there they can shut down metropcs LTE in those places that overlap and add that capacity to the main LTE network.
    Taken care of 1 network then they can have it where once there's barely any people with CDMA phones in a market (which shouldnt take too long @the current pace off migration to LTE) they can shut off the nearby CDMA towers then have a Sprint in market 3G roaming agreement till mid 2015. Then when the last CDMA tower goes off in mid 2015 they either force customers to switch phones or cancel the service which they're gonna do anyway.
    Most of that is my idea and shows that it wouldn't take that long to get people off CDMA. So there's no need for different S4 versions.
  22. Shabbypenguin

took sprint 7 years to kill the iden network of nextel and switch them to cdma. and will be 9 years in total to get it merged to were its being used for teh majority of sprints network.
  23. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Nextel had like 20mill customers when they merged with Sprint, metro has 9mill with 3mill of those already on LTE. Before the merger metro even said they think they could go full VoLTE within 4 years or so
  24. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru

Here's the problem in simplified terms.
    t-mobile = gsm
    metropcs = cdma
    the future of t-metro = lte (and probably gsm)

In the best case scenario, they could release the phone as gsm/lte.

Imagine you are a MetroPCS customer and upgrade from your SGS3 to the SGS4. Whoops! A lot of people who had coverage before (cdma areas) don't get coverage anymore(gsm areas).

That would cause them to lose a giant amount of customers for no good reason.

They could make it triple cdma/gsm/lte (which I think would be neat), but production costs would likely be too much.
  25. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru

Because they need to make sure gsm or lte is guaranteed to be available in most of the areas that are currently only being served by cdma signals

T-mobile has no LTE. MetroPCS IS "the main LTE network". MetroPCS is 100% of the LTE network. :p
    So there is no LTE overlap, and they aren't shutting down any LTE.