Shapewriter install help. Older sdk?

Last Updated:

1. yaeger

yaeger Member This Topic's Starter

I'm still on Android 1.5 with Fresh Rom 1.1 + gumbo kernel. I've been using Shapewriter perfectly until I recently had to hard reset my phone. When I tried to reinstall Shapewriter from my phone it says "cannot be installed on this phone." Then when I try to install it through adb it says "Install_Failed_Older_Sdk". I then tried Fresh Kitchen to install and came with another error message. I know Shapewriter works for 1.5 so I know this isn't an OS issue.

I've installed other apps directly after the reset without any problems, can someone please help? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Well if you are trying to install it through adb that means you have the apk.

Try emailing it to yourself or placing it on your sd card and using "appsinstaller" or "astro" or....

3. yaeger

yaeger Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. I first used EX file explorer to install the apk like I usually did after reflashing a Rom. Could it mean something else? Only this apk won't install...

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

flash one of your old nandroid backups and back it up again. Try reinstalling it from the fresh backup?