ShapeWriter keyboard better than Swype!!!

Last Updated:

1. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Guys I found an awsome keyboard that I believe to be better than Swype!!!

It's called ShapeWriter keyboard, let me know what you guys think!

Edit: Ok sorry guys false alarm... I thought I had found a new keyboard but apparently its been out for awhile! Although it has it advantages and disadvatages over swype, I still like it! Sorry for posting this in the "root" forum, lol I forgot about the regular forum!

Advertisement
  2. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK BLASPHEMY IN THE NAME OF THE ALMIGHTY SWYPE?!? ;)

So what's it like?

3. LightofHonor

LightofHonor Well-Known Member

It's based on the same principle, but I've tried both and Swype is better. Shapewriter goes in straight lines for connecting words and is not as good at predicting which word I was trying to write.

And this isn't really root since it's in the store......

4. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ya I noticed it doesn't predict words as good as swype but all the other features such as number layout and word prediction suggestions I like better!

5. bionicgrape

bionicgrape Well-Known Member

There are a few threads scattered around the forum about Swype, Shapewriter, and another one that I forget the name of. Basically what it comes down to is personal preference. I prefer Swype because it's faster, has better prediction, you don't have to be nearly as accurate as the others, and it is super easy to add words to the dictionary. Also, with Swype, you can go as fast as you want and correct very easily if you make a mistake. You don't have to wait for the word choice window at all. I would suggest doing the tutorial in Swype, and actually paying attention. Also, bear in mind that the people that made Swype are the ones that created the T9 predictive text input that's been on every mobile phone in the last decade, so they have a fair amount of experience with it. Here are some links to check out. I'd suggest moving this thread out of root though.

Comparison 1
    Comparison 2
    Comparison 3
    Comparison 4
    Comparison 5
    cnet review of Swype

Bill likes this.