• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ShapeWriter keyboard better than Swype!!!

paul89

Android Expert
Jan 6, 2010
Indiana, US
Guys I found an awsome keyboard that I believe to be better than Swype!!!

It's called ShapeWriter keyboard, let me know what you guys think!

Edit: Ok sorry guys false alarm... I thought I had found a new keyboard but apparently its been out for awhile! Although it has it advantages and disadvatages over swype, I still like it! Sorry for posting this in the "root" forum, lol I forgot about the regular forum!

There are a few threads scattered around the forum about Swype, Shapewriter, and another one that I forget the name of. Basically what it comes down to is personal preference. I prefer Swype because it's faster, has better prediction, you don't have to be nearly as accurate as the others, and it is super easy to add words to the dictionary. Also, with Swype, you can go as fast as you want and correct very easily if you make a mistake. You don't have to wait for the word choice window at all. I would suggest doing the tutorial in Swype, and actually paying attention. Also, bear in mind that the people that made Swype are the ones that created the T9 predictive text input that's been on every mobile phone in the last decade, so they have a fair amount of experience with it. Here are some links to check out. I'd suggest moving this thread out of root though.

Comparison 1
Comparison 2
Comparison 3
Comparison 4
Comparison 5
cnet review of Swype

Reactions: Bill
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones