• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ShapeWriter Keyboard - Can you reverse back to the original keyboard?

I am thinking about trying ShapeWriter Keyboard but have some concerns before I dive in. Can you also utilized the voice recording function if SW is installed? Also can you revert back to the original keyboard that came installed on the DI phone after installing SW?

Thanks for any input...;)

you can uninstall it or just longpress the space where you type and change input method

Upvote 0
What he said.. I'm using it now, in some ways its better than swipe in others worse. Still worth giving a shot.

Did you get it off the market? When I tried it(shapewriter) last week, it seemed to bug out on login screens. I literal couldn't login into these forums without switching back to the default keyboard.

That said its VERY easy to install and switch between keyboards on the fly :)

Upvote 0
Did you get it off the market? When I tried it(shapewriter) last week, it seemed to bug out on login screens. I literal couldn't login into these forums without switching back to the default keyboard.

That said its VERY easy to install and switch between keyboards on the fly :)

Got it off the market..have had no problems. Love it because it remembers words i use and I barely have to reach the correct keys in order for it to recognize the word.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones