1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Shapewriter Question...

Last Updated:

1. rtmeikle

rtmeikle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I love the Shapewriter keyboard, and use it most of the time. The only time I have to switch to a normal keyboard is when inputting passwords.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to input a password with shapewriter? The thing that makes it difficult (the reason I can't just tap out the password) is that some passwords are case sensitive and I can't ever seem to get the capitalization right with shapewriter.

Any tips on how you'd type "PA55wOrD" for example?

Advertisement
  2. rtmeikle

Is there another section that I shouldv'e posted this question in?

3. Drazil

Drazil Well-Known Member

when you type a word it doesn't know, you can click on te status bar to add [word]. I've done that with case sensitive words and it retained the case. Never tried it with mixed characters though....

4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

It's a bit annoying but after you input your letter and want it capitalized, there's the icon with 2 arrows that form a circle on the far middle right of the keyboard. That's the capitalization icon. Within the word, it'll capitalize the letter to the left of the cursor. At the end of the word, one click and it will capitalize the first letter, 2nd click and it will captialize the whole word.

rtmeikle likes this.
  5. rtmeikle

I didn't know that it could capitalize just the letter to the left of the cursor. I'll give it a try. I'm getting sick of switching back to the stock keyboard everytime I enter a case-sensitive password!

Thanks!

6. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

No problem, I wish there was an app that allows you to have 2 different keyboards set as the main keyboard; one in portrait mode and the other in landscape. Since all of the alternative typing keyboards have horrible landscape modes.