ShapeWriter

Last Updated:

1. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am using ShapeWriter on my Desire and for the life of me cannot work out how to get capital letters.

Do I need to perform some kind white magic ceremony to perform this please? or is there a more simple way?

DC

Advertisement
  2. mjbyrne

mjbyrne Member

And here I was thinking Swype was the only program that did this.

3. DaddyCee

what didn't have an easy way to select capital letters?

4. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

with swype its easy... you just swipe up over the top of the keyboard and then back down to finish your word

5. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

Its simple there are 2 ways of doing this, the first one is the traditional method that you use on all keyboards just press the up arrow to make it go capitals.

or

when you start swiping your word for example: if you type the word "House" start off swiping the word from "H" after "H" swipe above the keyboard and it will go capital and then continue onto the rest of the word all in one movement without taking your finger off the keyboard.

Swipe has a very good tutorial built into it aswell, just press the Swipe key to use it!

6. Opsman

Opsman New Member

If you type your word in Shapewriter you can make the first letter or the whole word go into capitals by pressing the button underneath the P on the keyboard. One press for a capital at the start of the word and another press if you want all the word in capitals.

7. jeremy_inc

jeremy_inc Well-Known Member

I only recently found out about these 2 programs but both seem to be unavailable now am i correct?

8. DaddyCee

ok will try that for ShapeWriter, though just found out that the keyboard doesn't work with CoPilot 8 which means I have to swap to the standard keyboard for that app. What a PITA.