Share Calendar event via Gmail?Support

Last Updated:

1. vwvapor

vwvapor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

One of my co-workers with the HTC Incredible asked me a question that stumped me. I'm supposed to be the Android person in the office also!

She was trying to email a couple of her calendar events to her husband. In a calendar event, if you hit menu, then share vCalendar, you get the options of Bluetooth, Mail, or Message. The problem is that the Mail option is only the Mail app and not the Gmail app. Other than going into the event and adding the email address under Guests, is she (and anyone else that would want to do this) SOL?

I mentioned just sharing the entire calendar via google calendar cloud service, but he doesn't have a smartphone and that's not how she wants to share it.

Anyone have a clue?

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I think this should go to the Incredible forum. I can not find those options on the Hero. I am running 2.2 so maybe it is a 2.1 thing.

3. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Good call, moved. Thx

4. vwvapor

vwvapor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe it's a 2.1 thing, but it's definitely a HTC sense thing, because I have the same calendar and calendar share options as she does on my Sprint Hero.

5. tonyscha

tonyscha New Member

An older topic, but I am seeing the same issue on my HTC EVO with 2.2. Wondering if anyone found a solution to this.

Edit: I found a solution/work around to this.

Edit the calendar entry, just long click on the event, then it will bring up view event,edit event, delete event, share vCalendar. Edit the event, the add the person.

6. mspb

mspb New Member

I was unable to use this workaround on my HTC Evo 2.2 to forward a calendar event that I received from someone else. Only the "view" option was available. Aparrently, I do not have permissions to edit the event.

I think it is still a major oversight that the Share vCalendar option only supports ActiveSync/POP accounts and not google apps accounts. Shouldn't Android support Gmail before ActiveSync?