Share how you use your screens

Last Updated:

1. mrcharlesiv

mrcharlesiv Active Member

2. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

Finally got everything the way I want it, for now. Does anyone know if there's a good text widget out there (not a fan of the HTC one, using Handcent for now).
  3. ndp506

ndp506 Active Member

ok this is probably a stupid question... for some reason i cannot figure out how to remove the image i have as my lockscreen... i'm trying to make it "clear" and replace with one from the pre-kitchen but every one i install from kitchen, it just installs over the image i have on there. i tried going thru menu > wallpaper > lock screen, but there isn't an option to delete pic... any help?! thanks!
  4. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Have you tried using the remove cached lockscreen option in kitchen?
  5. DanielWalker

DanielWalker Well-Known Member

I really like the Xbox icons, where does everyone come up with them?
  6. Taterus Maximus

I got them as a free icon pack on the market. The 360 icons are AppsOrganizer folders.
  7. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

Indeed, I did the same thing for mine. There are tons of free icon packs to chose from on the market. AppManager can recognize them so you can customize your folders.

BetterCuts also works with the icon packs.
  8. ndp506

ndp506 Active Member

wow, thanks, completely forgot that was a feature on the kitchen! worked like a charm!!
  9. You guys that are creating your own clear lockscreens. How exactly does that work? Are you using a transparent png file? I want to create one with a Virginia Tech logo.
  10. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

I got an issue with wallpapers for home as of right now...

before I was able to stretch out the arrows and now i cant....any of you have had the same problem as me?
  11. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

You can only stretch to the exteme's of the picture, and must maintain the aspect ratio. In the third picture, you have maxed out the vertical extreme, so it will go no further.
  12. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

well..i turned off the phone and turned it back's back to normal.........WEIRD!

that's my 1st issue with the htc hero LOL
  13. ccapasso

Yes, you use transparent png files. I'm going to try and write up a tutorial sometime on it, but haven't had the time yet.
    hokius_maximus likes this.
  14. Taterus Maximus

When you do you will probably become the most popular person in the CDMA Hero threads
  15. ccapasso

You mean I'm not already? ;)

...Damn :)

...J/K....Looking forward to creating it and helping others to learn and share their knowledge/experience.
  16. Taterus Maximus

We'll need a new sub-forum just for user created lockscreens
  17. ccapasso

Actually was going to suggest that after I create the tutorial. It should technically go in the rooted section, but we'll see.

More to come when I get time :)
  18. chino0131

chino0131 Active Member

Can you please let me know which apps you're using for your wifi, bluetooth, gps, and mobile toggle switches? I may not be searching correctly, but I cannot find the ones you have.

P.S. Thanks for starting this thread. After seeing all of these rooted homescreens, Im rooting my Hero tonite!
  19. Taterus Maximus

Add>HTC Widget>Settings
  20. chino0131

chino0131 Active Member

Thanks! Man, do I feel stupid. Still learning all there is to know with this phone. Loving every minute of it though! Thanks again!
  21. A tutorial would be awesome! Looking forward to it. I need to find some more time to start doing some development myself.
  22. ccapasso

23. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

So after looking through this entire thread I'm loving the look of FreshRom. I would like to root but all the walkthroughs of it look like they are from windows, I'm on a Macbook. Just wondering how difficult it is to do. Also wondering how easy it is to go back to stock for when 2.1 comes.
  24. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

why would you want to go back to stock when 2.1 comes out when the devs will have new roms out based on 2.1?
  25. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

Here is a Guide for rooting on a Mac:

Rooting CDMA Hero [Mac] - xda-developers

Let us know if you get stuck, someone will be able to help you through.