Share how you use your screens

Last Updated: 2011-11-20 10:33:34
  1. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member

Yea its rooted running Fresh 1.1

Advertisement
  2. khaag27

Ok I have got sooo many ideas on how to use my screens now. Now is dont feel like 7 screens is such a waste :) ahhh Im in love again with my phone

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  3. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

go to the market and look up lockbot pro and that will get you the new lockscreen from the droid.

also here is the background.

[​IMG]
  4. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

I installed Lockbot on my phone and it gave me nothing but problems! I had to uninstall it...
  5. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

I have tried the last three updates and it worked fine for me. It can be a little laggy sometimes but works pretty good.
  6. SilHero

SilHero Well-Known Member

i installed LockBot Pro v1.9.3 and its been working great for a few days now, still kinda laggy compared to the stock lockscreen, but im lovin the notification bar n the customization too much to switch back
  7. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

The first three times I tried to use it, i.e. open and create a theme my phone completely locked up. Each time resulted in a battery pull. But the next time it finally worked and I haven't had an issue since.
  8. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I really like this background....I know many others have it, but the background gives it a good way to set up the phone, so I'm sticking to it!

I think I'm going to give Lockbot a shot again ...maybe! we'll see...
  9. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

Removing the stock HTC lockscreen completely
    Code (Text):
    1. /system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk  
    completely fixed the lag issue for me. It is now just as fast to come up and unlock as the Htc slide unlock. And no more pocket dialing!! :D
  10. khaag27

good tip :)
  11. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

rockcrawlers, thanks. I think I'm going to have to do that myself....
  12. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

I'm a HUGE fan of Lock Bot. Been using it for the past 3 weeks and love it. It was buggy at first and there was an issue with the home key in one of the earlier releases (home key would unlock the phone, thus allowing for butt dialing). Now, though, they've tightened it up and added more themes. I'm loving the Flan lock screen. The taskbar access from the lockscreen is clutch as well. Very handy.
  13. n0gik

n0gik Well-Known Member

Been running the transparent lock, today I tried Lockbot Pro. Kinda liked it, but does add too much lag, IMO. Even with a single lock and no rotation on a simple background. Uninstalled. My lock is again transparent with the date/time only.
  14. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

that Flan lock screen only comes with the PRO version right?
  15. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Rockcrawler,

Could you be more specific about removing the HTC Lock Screen? Are you running this command from CMD? after moving to #symbol?

I tried : Pull /system/app/htclockscreen.apk but it returns
    pull: .apk not found.
  16. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

The location is :

Code (Text):
    1. system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk
    notice the capitals in HtcLockScreen

also,download Fresh's pre-kitchen. It has a pull, backup delete ferature. Its really sweet. You can get it HERE. One you DL and unzip open it up and got to:

Code (Text):
    1. Tools and Tweaks > pull / delete any file > pull any file > and then paste "system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk" without quotes > check the box to delete files from phone after pull.
    It will then prompt you for a location to create a backup of the file in case you would like to push it later. Then it will ask you to verify that the file is there locally and prompt you that it will now delete it. its a really sweet utility, everyone should give it a try.

Hope that helps. If anything is unclear, just let me know.
  17. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

OH! Well I didn't think to use the Kitchen...its already installed. I also didn't realize capitals impacted the command. thanks. trying it now...

If you don't hear back it either worked or my PC exploded and killed me.:eek:
  18. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

19. cvam1985

cvam1985 Well-Known Member

Loved Lockbot on my Moment - curious to try on my Hero. Those who remove the stock Lockscreen apk, does music control work on the lockscreen still?
  20. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

21. SilHero

SilHero Well-Known Member

hey what is the volume controll bar that u have on this screen, above slacker radio?
  22. cvam1985

Love the Flan lock so much bit the bullet and redownloaded LockPro. I deleted the stock APK and seems so far so good....
    Every now and then I get a default android lock "Press Menu to Unlock" which is kinda annoying....

Here's my screens! Fun thread ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  23. mkdauff

mkdauff Well-Known Member

I did it last night and just found out today that you do lose music control. Will pushing that apk get that function back? Definitely a necessity...
  24. cvam1985

Yeah I discovered that on my own after the installation. Not a deal breaker for me though since Lockbot lets you access the notification bar, which will let you get to your music.
  25. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

khaag27, I realy like your background, would you be willing to post it and share it? Thanks!