• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Share how you use your screens

hey what is the volume controll bar that u have on this screen, above slacker radio?

That's AudioManager in the Marketplace.
It comes with that widget, and a smaller one. I saw someone on here with the smaller one, somewhere...

I just thought it looked cool. I kind of want a widget that size, but with like a tape deck looking thing. For the Music on the phone... lol

Upvote 0
That's AudioManager in the Marketplace.
It comes with that widget, and a smaller one. I saw someone on here with the smaller one, somewhere...

I just thought it looked cool. I kind of want a widget that size, but with like a tape deck looking thing. For the Music on the phone... lol

Yeah, I have the smaller widget on my phone (I think it's in one of the screen shots above). Just wish it would allow you to adjust the volume from the widget without opening the app.

Only problem is mine force closes due to error pretty often. Not sure if it's my settings or a problem with the program, but I've noticed it happen once a day or so.

Upvote 0
I like to keep my homescreens uncluttered for simplicity and for speeds sake. I'm only using 3 screens right now and I have space for one full-widget or more icons on one of them. Can't decide what to put there yet.

Anybody know how to change the icon of a folder?

snap20100114_105511.png
snap20100114_105517.png

snap20100114_105536.png

Upvote 0
Anybody know how to change the icon of a folder?

If you take a look at my screen you see the icon called "Apps" - that's actually a folder I created using an app called "Apps Organizer" from the market.

It's really great. As far as I know though the only thing you can put in it is apps, but I believe the dev makes similar versions for contacts and other stuff. I recommend it!

Here's how it looks open. You can see it's a bit different from the default folder interface....I like it better personnally.
snap20100114124257.png

Upvote 0
Try using App Organizer in conjunction with whatever icon packs you want (tons are free out there).

You can create labels and make shortcuts to them, and customize the icons. That's how I did mine. I downloaded and used the Xbox 360 and Windows Vista icons. Moved them to my SD card to save room on my phone and the icons still work.

Here's a sample of some I've made and use with great success. The top 4 icons are all ones I've done myself

ThuJan14133128EST2010.png

These two below are what you see when you click on one of the AppOrganizer icons you put on the desktop. Works just like a folder. You can also sort them to be the "stared" (favorites) to show up first.

ThuJan14132817EST2010.png

ThuJan14132835EST2010.png

Reactions: johnnaryry
Upvote 0
Cool. Yeah, we've got plenty of talent, they just aren't playing well at all right now. I have faith that Self will get it all figured out sooner or later though. I don't expect to lose to you guys in Allen Fieldhouse (at least I hope not), but I wouldn't be surprised at all if you get us in Manhattan. We'll definitely have to bring the A game this year.

We probably shouldn't muddy up this thread with bball talk, haha. You can shoot me a pm if you wanna chat some more.

KState, of course! We've got a big game coming up here in a couple weeks. You guys are looking pretty strong, but I have seen some weaknesses over these past couple games. I'm excited for it though, should be a good match up!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones