Share some "Bangers"

1. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Hey everyone i have been posting on this forum a lot, mostly on the general questions forum, but i thought i would share some music :)

Anyhow, I may be preaching to the choir here, but I love electronic music, i haven't seen much love for that here so far haha, but i thought i could share some and see what people think...

So this is technically from a genre called, "Dubstep"

Bon Iver - Woods (Zeds Dead Remix) - YouTube

Advertisement
    :
  2. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

My current interest is in accurate reprodction, not wat you might think of when you think of EM.

I once was a rabid electronic music devote. I built lots of kits and things like ASDRs, filters, ring modulators, drum (pattern) machines and the like. Eventually, I understood how these things worked and I started modifying them or scratch design/builds. In the day, patche cords and cables were required.

Then I started looking for something else musically. Eventually, I gravitated toward music from the 1930's/40's and music by the great classical composers. Bach, Tchaikovsky, Mahler and so many others. Not to mention, Bing, Frank, big bands, military bands and so forth.

Then Bluegrass came along and I took up the banjo.

I started my classical education playing the flute then settled on the B-Flat Coronet until an errant baseball ended it. One hit in the choppers and the embroshure was Poof! I moved from the orchestra playing Arbans to the Music City Marching Band. We did all the local Christmas and Thanksgiving parades as well as ball games and such.

Then I took to the stage at the Valley Fair Music Hall, where we did many performances of the Music Man. While I was there, I met a brilliant designer who developed an electronic flute and I once again became interested in electronic music.

Somewhere along the way, I developed an interest in direct to digital recording. A local choir director recorded one of--if not the first-- direct to digital albums.

Now I am back to exploring electronic music and building hand made instruments just to incorporate Midi. I am planning to build another theramin, perhaps (not midi). My goal is to build a Glass Harmonca and perhaps a Hurdy-Gurdy and a few "world instruments."

Perhaps add Midi to a Deering Crossfire.

After all of that and ignoring electronic music for many years, I am rekindling my interest in electronic music.
  3. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

Ah, so you like electronic music :) I'll have a hard time stopping myself from writing a ridiculously long list haha.

So -

Boards of Canada
    Autechre
    Tim Hecker
    Oneohtrix Point Never
    Tycho
    Martyn
    Mount Kimbie
    Flying Lotus
    Four Tet
    Prefuse 73
    Caribou
    Lone
    Actress
    Wagon Christ
    Com Truise
    Bibio
    James Blake (just started listening today, it is awesome!)

Should get you started :D
  4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Thanks for the list i will seriously start listening to these today :)
  5. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

I don't think of electronic music as "banger" music.

When I hear the word banger, I think of bands and songs like Bang Your Head by Quiet Riot, or Rock You Like A Hurricane by Scorpions. Ahhhh... good rock music the way it's supposed to sound.

I don't think electronic music fits into the banger category.

Headbangers Ball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  6. metalgirl3

metalgirl3 Member

I'm with you Petrah. When I first read the post I thought "Cool! I get to list my favorite head banging songs! "

Not dissing electronic music, just don't know anything about it.
  7. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

I'm not dissing it either. :)

My boyfriend likes synthpop 80's bands, which to me is similar if not just like electronic. Not really my cup of tea, but as long as the music makes someone happy then all is good. ;)
  8. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

In the UK (or at least in my little bit of it) 'bangers' just means any good track you've found/listen to :)

There is plenty of electronic music that can make you headbang, trust me ;) I'll have to dig some out :)
  9. !on

!on Well-Known Member

Check out some of these names Fabric CDs (a club in London that does proper grown up electronic music, none of this cyber / candy raver nonsense :D )

This selection is based on the DJs / producers who play regularly, split into Friday & Saturday nights (Fri being "Fabric Live" more breakbeat orientated & Sats being more 4/4 tech / house).
  10. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

so you want more of the techno music? check this out :)

and if you like that check out there website where you can download ALL of there music :)
    happy listining :)

DJ Omnimaga
  11. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

12. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Ugh ja sure why not?

I paid a whole like R30,50 for these guys AND I cooked them with MY OWN 2 hands... MY frying pan... and MY very own gas that I had installed...

Enjoy...

[​IMG]

Don't panic my friend! ... there is nothing wrong with these disease ridden under cooked pork bangers! :)
  13. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

Back to the music:
    Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
    Paranoid - Black Sabbath
    Jericho - Stray
    Roll Over Lay Down - Status Quo
    In the Court of the Crimson King - King Crimson
    The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown) - Fleetwood Mac
    Ace of Spades - Motorhead
    Out Demons Out - Edgar Broughton