• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Share what you have and have not figured out...

I can't figure out how to change the default action for contacting people in my HTC People Widget. When I go into my favorites...and long press the person it says "Change Default Action"...so I click on that...but the only option it gives me is: "call other". There is no option for SMS, or EMAIL...or anything else...

can anyone help??

i -- don't -- know!

that ticks me off, too!

also.. choosing whether txt msgs go out via GVoice or the phones stock msg app - can't UNdefault that either
:thinking:

Upvote 0
How about multi selecting (like if you wanted to delete multiple emails), or clearing a text field (like the back button on a berry does)? Anyone figured those out?

Gmail app (cuz thats the only one i use) has check boxes on the left to select multiple emails.. and in messaging app (not selecting any thread) if u press menu and then press delete it will give u "x" boxes to select each thread on the right..

or is it not what u meant?

Upvote 0
i haven't figured outhow to change the order in the HTC favorites widget

the big full-page one - the list-view (i like the smaller icons - i don't like the "large" icon view)

i've sorted them in the main favorites app (go into browser - menu - bookmarks - sort by)

i've tried all three options - doesn't change in the widget
:(

Upvote 0
i haven't figured outhow to change the order in the HTC favorites widget

the big full-page one - the list-view (i like the smaller icons - i don't like the "large" icon view)

i've sorted them in the main favorites app (go into browser - menu - bookmarks - sort by)

i've tried all three options - doesn't change in the widget
:(

It's alphabetical.

Upvote 0
The last one is by far my favorite. There are times I just dont want to mess with the slide part to get to my phone. This skips right over that. Of course there are times when I want to see my lock screen, and who could blame me.

Locked.png

yyyyyyyyyea. I *think* I'm gonna need you to send me your wallpaper. ;)

Upvote 0
Gmail app (cuz thats the only one i use) has check boxes on the left to select multiple emails.. and in messaging app (not selecting any thread) if u press menu and then press delete it will give u "x" boxes to select each thread on the right..

or is it not what u meant?

Haha I'm a ****. I didn't even notice the check boxes In gmail.

Upvote 0
How about multi selecting (like if you wanted to delete multiple emails), or clearing a text field (like the back button on a berry does)? Anyone figured those out?

When you're looking at your messages in the email app, just click on Menu and then choose delete. Once you have selected delete, the boxes that allow you to select multiple emails will appear. At this point, you can hit menu again and it will let you select all.

hope that helps

Upvote 0
Ok, first off. Hello all! I was wondering if someone can try this out for me and post results.

I installed a Facebook, didn't like it and deleted it. Then I installed a second Facebook app which I like and am now using.

Here comes the issue. I go into my photo Albums and pick a picture to share. In my menu list I get FACEBOOK, FACEBOOK, FLICKR, GMAIL, etc...

How do I edit the menu to remove the dupe Facebook?

Thanks ALL!

David (Great American Hero) ;)

Upvote 0
I can't figure out how to change the default action for contacting people in my HTC People Widget. When I go into my favorites...and long press the person it says "Change Default Action"...so I click on that...but the only option it gives me is: "call other". There is no option for SMS, or EMAIL...or anything else...

can anyone help??

You have the phone number under something other than Mobile. You cant send a SMS message to a house or work phone so it just doesnt give you the option to try to. Email obviously you need to have there email address in there and so on..

Upvote 0
You have the phone number under something other than Mobile. You cant send a SMS message to a house or work phone so it just doesnt give you the option to try to. Email obviously you need to have there email address in there and so on..

You're a GENIUS!!!! I'm a ******!! Dude...you're awesome. Thanks for helping me out! It's all about the contact info then i see. Thanks again!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones