Share your App Problems

Last Updated:

1. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ever installed an app that did something unexpected that ruined your day? I've had a couple of problems with apps that seemed really great at first, until I noticed strange behavior on my Desire that forced an uninstall.

News & Weather Widget (added to the 2.2 update on most carriers)

Added the widget and set it to update eveny hour, just like my other news feeds. After less than a week I started getting warning notifications saying that I was expected to exceed my 750mb monthly data allowance by a staggering 300mb. Installed TrafficStats which told me that News & Weather was downloading over 50mb of data every day. That's way more than the other news apps I use, and was a real shock.

Today In History by A. Sagrebin

Similar to the News & Weather app, it downloaded 50mb+ every day. One day the download was 120mb in 24hrs. Also, it saved cache images for the articles on the SD card and these were picked up by the Gallery app. It added a new image folder for every article, totalling nearly 150 new Gallery folders. This forced an uninstall and a rescan of the SD card to get the extra Gallery items deleted. Good app, but impossible to live with.

Advertisement
  2. MikeC1408

MikeC1408 Well-Known Member

AdFree

Promised so much, but won't update the host list on a rooted desire with S-On :(