Share your Evo 4g Story

Last Updated:

1. TRiP

TRiP Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,
    Just wanted to post an amazing experience with my first android smartphone, the fantastic evo 4g, last weekend.
    Hopefully others share their experience.
    I was headed to NYC from Philly on Saturday early morning. Before, I would check on my laptop at home, what the train schedules were, make a plan and head out. This fine Saturday, I woke up, and while eating breakfast, checked the train schedule on the new google maps. Just a fine way to start a morning. While on the train, started to play around with a couple of games then video chatted with one of my buds on another train heading to NYC, all over 3G. (We wanted to test it out, and see how it was)
    Obviously a bit laggy, but the fact that we were able to do that was fantastic.
    Got to NYC for some meetings, and then got on ESPN Mobile TV (Sprint TV) at a local starbucks in the afternoon. Saw the first Ghana goal (boo!) with a couple of soccer fans overlooking my shoulders. The kickstand and the screen size was a big hit! The goal however was not!!
    Wanted to check out the Apple Store (the Cube) on 5th. Being not from NY, my first inclination was to ask for directions from a local. Then realized that I have an android. Said "Navigate to Apple Store 5th Ave" and surely enough google maps recognized my speech and gave me directions. Clicked on the public transportation button to refine it to suit my need. Gave me walking direction to the nearest subway station, told me which train to take to Times Square, then switch to take another subway, all the way to 5th. I was
    in the cube 15 minutes after I asked my phone for directions :)
    The cube was packed to take a look at the new iphone. Great phone. Did hold the phone in my left hand, and sure enough, the wifi signal and 3g signal went from full bars to 1 bar. Started to take some pics with my evo, and a few fanboys gave me the evil eye :) Ah fun!
    By the way, full 3g signal at the cube. While I was on the train back, got a MMS. Attached was the first pic of my one week old neice smiling. Made my day!
    To think, just last month, I was without a smartphone, without an android, and without an Evo!
    Great experience on a great phone! Love it!

Advertisement
    jacker likes this.
  2. jacker

jacker Well-Known Member

Glad you're enjoying it and actually making good use out of its functions.

Oh and welcome to our forums.

3. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

I was at work and a coworker mentioned about how the new iPhone does everything I had been wanting a smartphone to do. I told him I had gotten an Evo.

He replied saying things like, oh... the camera sucks on that.
    I pulled out my Evo and showed him some pics I had taken... including some taken with my attachable Macro lens. His eyes literally bugged out!

"Those were taken with your phone? I thought the reviewers said the camera sucked?!?"

He then said, well, the iPhone can do video chat and has a front facing camera. I loaded up Fring and connected to a friend in Colombia via Skype. I mentioned how the iPhone can only do videocalling to other iPhones and it has to be via wifi... whereas the Evo isn't as limited as that.

"Well, the iPhone has files." I pulled up ASTRO and showed him the files on my phone.

Then, I pulled up Sprint TV, connected to the series finale of LOST, flicked out the kickstand and set it on the counter.

Ah, geek bragging rights. Gotta love it.

4. TRiP

TRiP Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks dude! Loving the phone!

jacker likes this.