• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Share Your Homescreen for the HTC One SV.

So, I was watching my brother use Photoshop on his Mac. He goes to school for this stuff, and well, lets just say I am trying to convince him in to doing some theming. He gave me a little taste of what he can do and I was flying out of the chair. I may need to get him to teach me how to use it lol.

Reactions: alang92jr
Upvote 0
I don't do windows that often. Currently on ubuntu, so GIMP is what I have. Just not familiar with it. Will most definitely have my bro show me some stuff.

I can definitely give you some pointers with it too. Have you installed your script fu?

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/05/download-gimp-28-script-fus-pack-more.html

Edit - if you are not already aware of it, alpha-to-selection is your best friend. (Right click one of your layers or select a layer and then right click in the open space beneath the layers and select alpha to selection ) this will select all areas that aren't transparent. This is especially useful for indexed images (or images that were previously indexed)

(The fill tool will retain the transparency this way... For the most part)

Upvote 0
yrunusur.jpg

pu8y3yty.jpg

Upvote 0
So, without the skin, this is basically what it looks like. In the SystemUI.apk from ICS there are some stuff I haven't ported yet. Mainly, because they were extra files that normally aren't there with additional smali code to communicate with those files so I will need to do some diffing to bring those over. As for the framework-res.apk, I need to confirm but I'm 'almost' %100 sure that I have ported over all that is necessary. Again, the skin is missing, but not important to have. Also, these apks from JB come with additional files than from ICS so some additional theming will be required to make up for those extras. :)

when you gonna theme Rosie to match the rest?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones