Share your Transformer Tips and TricksTips

1. BubbaHotepUK

BubbaHotepUK Well-Known Member

Thanks for the quick reply & the tip. I think I'll put my order for the Transformer & keyboard dock today.

Had a look around town this lunchtime, there were plenty of places to pick up the Transformer in the shops, but nobody seems to have the keyboard attachment, quoting around 2 weeks delivery for it. Most annoying.
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

if your in the UK try Currys, they had to order it in but delivered it in 3 days.

they have the tablet in store, but the dock bundle had to be ordered.
  3. BubbaHotepUK

BubbaHotepUK Well-Known Member

Yes, I tried Currys & PCW online - the bundle isn't in stock there either. Finally found the bundle over at Ebuyer at list price. When I first checked they had 55 of the bundle in stock - when I came to order a few minutes later they were down to 50, so I guess it's selling well.

Is iPlayer out for 3.1 yet?
  4. andoroido

andoroido Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information, I wish I came across this thread sooner. XD
  5. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

the iplayer app doesnt fully support 3.0/3.1 yet, but with flash 10.3 installed the full website works fine on wifi.
  6. moparoy

moparoy Member

Ok to help u guys i tried a 720p 6 gig rip. Freezes or stops in about 5 minutes on my TF and my Evo using upnplay and rockplayer. Standard def streams no prob on both devices using Rockplayer and mobo. Thinking it might be a wifi bandwith limittation i tried my archos 70 using its smb player and no probs. So its not wifi. Then i used the upnp built into the archos 70 and still no freezing. So the tversity media server is not the problem. So then i installed upnplay on my archos 70 played the video using the archos native player and still no problem so its not upnplay. Then i used upnplay with rockplayer on my archos 70 and it stopped within 5 minutes.so it would seem to be the players. Archos has alot of codecs and optimised as a media player since that is its roots. So at least u know standard def works with the setup of tversity, upnplay, and rockplayer or mobo but u need a different player like the archos native one to play high def. Long post but i hope it helps save u guys time.
    snakeybidder likes this.
  7. Jed Meyers

Jed Meyers New Member

This was REALLY useful. Thanks a lot, mate. Spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to switch languages, had to use on-screen keyboard to do that.
  8. snakeybidder

snakeybidder Well-Known Member

Very useful post mate, this lets down this beauty allot. It has to be able to play any media file!!
  9. snakeybidder

snakeybidder Well-Known Member

Is the middle mouse button hidden inside ? :(
  10. andoroido

andoroido Well-Known Member

ES file explorer, File browser that can see networke files, sd cards, and even allows music and picture streaming! [No videos though]

Snes9x, supports wiimotes within the application! Super Nintendo

N64oid, playable Nintendo 64, does not support wiimote

FPse, possible the best playstation 1 out there, until PSone comes around, does not support wiimote.

WiiMoteControl, allows you to enable your wiimote with nun-chucks using a keyboard language setup.

Opera mini, an amazing internet browser!

This sounds awesome, but they didn't include my language. :S Sucks for WiimoteControl or a preferred keyboard.

Is there anything like this for the soft keyboard, or am I missing understanding this.
  11. blackpanther26

blackpanther26 New Member

I can't seem to find this option.
  12. rogone

rogone Well-Known Member

What did you use for the rip? I'm trying to find a program that will rip both a dvd and bluray but have not seen anything that indicates it can do both (I have seen seperate programs, just nothing combined). Anybody know of a program that will do both?
  13. kampfwolf09

kampfwolf09 Well-Known Member

I use DVDFab, but AnyDVD also does both. They are both excellent programs for backups. DVD Catalyst is also a good value, but I'm not sure if it supports Blu Ray.
  14. rogone

rogone Well-Known Member

Do I understand you correctly that DVDFab supports doing both?
  15. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

My understanding from the guy from DVD Catalyst that posts here on occasion is that his/her program will rip most DVDs on its own except for some of the more aggressively encrypted items like Disney. For Bluray, he/she said you need to have something like ANYDVD HD to help DVD Catalyst with decryption. Unfortunately, ANYDVD HD with the current promotional discount is $90! Yikes! I think that's a bit much to access MY disks.
  16. kampfwolf09

17. rogone

rogone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I went to the link you had and it talks about being able to rip blu-rays but does not say anything about being able to do a regular dvd. Do you know if it will do both? Also, if I rip a blu-ray so that I can play it on my TF when I travel will it play since I don't think the TF supports blu-ray, or will it convert the blu-ray to something that will play on the TF?
  18. kampfwolf09

Yes it will do both, I use it myself. Like I said once the trial runs out, it will only decrypt the disc and output them to your hard drive. You can use a free program called Handbrake to convert them to a TF friendly format. See the following thread for info on using that.
    [GUIDE] 720p Handbrake preset for TF101 (HC3.1 Update) - xda-developers

As far as DVDFab converting them, the paid version does have some convert features, but I refuse to pay for that when it can be done with free software.
    rogone likes this.
  19. rogone

rogone Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm going to give it a try.
  20. rogone

rogone Well-Known Member

I copied a blu-ray movie I had with DVDFab and it did make a copy that I could play on my laptop (didn't have time last night to try it on my TF yet) but it was slow. DVDFab advertises that its really fast but it took 2 1/2 hours to copy a movie of about the same length. Is this what others also experience? I was hoping that it would be faster than that.
  21. deni_3

deni_3 New Member

For syncing, backing up and sharing files I would use SugarSync. Available on and syncing between Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Symbian.
  22. rogone

rogone Well-Known Member

As I noted earlier I made a copy of a blu-ray movie and have now put it on my TF and played it. It seemed to play fine using the default viewer however the sound level was very low (and yes, I did have the volumne turned all the way up). I also tried playing it using MoboPlayer with the same volumne issue. Any ideas why the volumne is so low?
  23. kampfwolf09

My desktop rips a 50GB Blu Ray usually just over an hour. That is doing usually just the main movie file and full quality. I'm running a 3.0GHz dual core with 4GBs of RAM. Might be an issue with your PC.

What sound format did you extract from it? If it was a surround format that maybe the trouble. Need to convert to AC3 2ch or use the standard stereo track if there is one.
  24. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Well-Known Member

Hi Chimp, you are correct. DVD's work out of the box, but for Bluray, something extra is needed. I personally prefer AnyDVD HD, basically because it acts as a layer on top of the BR, enabling you to convert it directly from the disc. There are other solutions as well. You could use DVDfab's Passkey, which works similar to AnyDVD HD, or you can use MakeMKV (free while in Beta) to create an mkv on your computer, which can then be converted. I just find that AnyDVD works the easiest, and Slysoft is also quite good with updates in case something needs to be changed.
  25. rogone

rogone Well-Known Member

I didn't see an option to allow me to select a sound option. I believe it recorded the sound track in 5.1. How do you change what sound track is the default?