Share your Transformer Tips and TricksTips

Last Updated: 2012-05-06 08:35:54
  1. kampfwolf09

kampfwolf09 Well-Known Member

select main movie from the left on the start screen. it will let you pick exactly what you want to extract. it usually selects the right movie track for you, then you select the sound and caption tracks to use.

Advertisement
  2. sid52

sid52 Active Member

If you're using the stock browser go to the icon in the top right corner to locate settings. If using Dolphin use the setting icon at bottom left select 'more' then 'settings'then 'Dolphin settings' then 'useragent' and click 'desktop'
    Sid
  3. rogone

rogone Well-Known Member

I have attached a screen shot and I dont see what you are talking about. The movie here is selected at the top of the screen. Does this look like what you have?

Attached Files:

4. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Well-Known Member

hey all, whilst in the default browser, is there a shortcut for toggling between opened browser tabs using the keyboard? cheers!
  5. kampfwolf09

kampfwolf09 Well-Known Member

sry for the late reply, you have to select dvd/blu ray copy. The ripper or video converter options won't allow you to change anything. Those are also trial features so you won't be able to use them for long without paying. The copy sections are what you want. They will give you an unencrypted folder for the movies, then you can use your own video converter. I recommend handbrake.
  6. eddiewawa

hey guys (an gals) when getting the notifications up using

Menu + N, is there a keyboard combo to close it down? the back key doesnt work now does the other buttons for some reason...
  7. rogone

rogone Well-Known Member

Thanks. I did figure out how to change the type of audio that was copied. At the bottom of the screen there is a profile listed and an edit button next to it. By clicking the edit button I was able to change the audio from 5.3 to stereo. The sound on the recordings is now okay. Thanks again for your help.
  8. eddiewawa

Ooooh...just use the tab key to activate the highlight and use the arrow keys to select the tab you want
  9. andystone99

andystone99 New Member

It may be worth adding that personally on my tablet I only found the "advanced" option once a webpage was open in the top right corner and not in "settings" generally.

Cheers.
    Andrew
    ziffos and pauls_boat like this.
  10. eddiewawa

On the TF keyboard dock:

shift + backspace = del
  11. pauls_boat

pauls_boat Member

how do you get to advanced ? i can get to settings but there is no advanced in there, any help ?

regards paul
  12. eddiewawa

ahhh...and nooooo...

he means head into the default browser, INSIDE that app, menu, settings, advanced.

thats the path you want, not under the general OS settings.
    pauls_boat likes this.
  13. pauls_boat

pauls_boat Member

many thanks i found it under user agent string, then it still was the same until i rebooted

again many thanks
  14. roidfever

roidfever Member

could you explain a little more..i do not see an advanced option within settings...thanks
  15. eddiewawa

could have looked a few steps up and seen the solution?

Open up the Default web browser -> menu -> settings -> advanced -> Under 'Page content settings' - User Agent String -> Desktop
  16. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

Keepass works real well when combined with dropbox. Roboform is good as well. I've been using roboform on my pc's for about 10 years and it's excellent
  17. fldude99

Anybody know of a good music player for the Transformer? I have used Power Amp on my phone and it's great...but doesn't work with the Transformer for now...thanks
  18. roidfever

roidfever Member

Shoot, your right...but I was looking for a solution for Dolphine HD
  19. roidfever

roidfever Member

I found it...is it only Wendsday...been a long week
  20. androidpal

androidpal New Member

we got our TF from Staples in Colliers Wood, London. had seen the tablet at Currys previously but no keyboard although we could have bought them both on line, but being the types to try before we buy we wanted to see both parts and try them out for ourselves before committing to buy. Was watching and waiting to see who would have both and they seem to be the first one out there to get both the tablet and the keyboard. Happy for us to play with them before we decided, although I am convinced my husband's mind was made up to buy before we got there anyway :)
    Absolutely no regrets with the purchase.
  21. androidpal

androidpal New Member

so, looking for a good password keeper and there are so many out there. keepass seems to pop up regularly. i am a dropbox user so want something that will sit comfortably there also (or do i need this anyway?). would love a poll, keepass or roboform (or other comparable product)
    also, just how safe is the encryption? feels a bit counterintuitive to record all your passwords in one place (fighting the paranoia).
  22. fldude99

Is there a way to "wake up" the display while docked, with the keyboard? I've pretty much pressed every key available and it seems like the button on the table itself needs to be pressed?
    DROID_SCOTSMAN likes this.
  23. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Well-Known Member

There's an option under settings - screen. Check if the mobiledock powersave is enabled.
    fldude99 likes this.
  24. fldude99

not sure if others have this issue...but the mouse pointer is hard to see sometitimes especially in bright light..anyone know how to change how it appears? I can't find anything in the settings..thx