1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Share your updated gingerbread experience hereGeneral

1. dsmboost

dsmboost New Member

Hey guys, I'm considering upgrading my line with the thrill (it'll be free, and I don't wanna spend a dime on a carrier-branded phone). I am wondering how the new gingerbread update compares to the oudated froyo experience before I decide to get this phone. Share all your pros and cons with this update please.

Advertisement
    :
  2. whyteb0y

whyteb0y Member

I like it. Haven't really ran into any down side, honestly. It seems to be faster and the battery life is better.
  3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

i can't say anything as far as changes with battery life because I'm using a non OEM battery. That was probably one of the biggest gripes. If u don't wanna spend a dime on a phone then this would probably be the best free phone.
  4. S Chonson

S Chonson Well-Known Member

I hate that the lock screen no longer tells me who a text is from.
  5. whyteb0y

whyteb0y Member

Use NoLock and Handcent, problem solved.
  6. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Go SMS lets you know but as far as emails.....non existence.
  7. dsmboost

dsmboost New Member

How is the user interface? Is lag any better?
  8. S Chonson

S Chonson Well-Known Member

Cool app but I still don't get the name of the sender on the lock screen under the time, unless there's a setting for it and I just missed it.
  9. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

I just got this phone last week and used it for a few days before upgrading, battery life still seems horrible. I could use my evo from morning until about 3 or 4 pm without charging, I had to charge this phone after about 3 hours of use.

I notice a lag, but I noticed this with my evo as well. The pantech burst really didn't have ANY lag, if you're looking for a free phone with some power (I got a refurb for .01) I actually really liked that phone but the camera kind of sucked and the call quality was AWFUL so that was a deal breaker for me.
  10. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Since your phone is still new you probably need to cycle your battery a few times. Charge it completely and the let it fully die before recharging. Do this a few times and battery life should get a little better. I can unplug mine around 5 am and it'll last til around 3-4 pm with moderate usage. If I do nothing but browse the Internet then that's a whole different story. Battery drains fast.
    K-Rizzle likes this.
  11. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll try that. I also installed GO power and automatic task killer. Set the profile on GO power to general saving, and set the ATK to kill apps once an hour. I saw it on a forum somewhere about this phone and figured I'd try it. I just had to plug my phone in about a half hour ago, so that seems to be really prolonging the battery life.