Sharing Google Calendars

Last Updated:

1. anacrusis

anacrusis Active Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason, I can only see my personal calendar and my exchange calendar on my Hero even my studio and wife's calendar are shared to my account. I seem fine on my PC but I can't see them on my phone.

Any suggestions?

My wife has a hero and she can see my calendar and the studio calendar without any issues.

Advertisement
  2. JDuc

JDuc Well-Known Member

When you go to the calendar, then click on a date > Menu > Calendars > do you see them all listed there? Are the calendar's you're wanting to see checked there?

3. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

I had the similar problem when I added another Google account calendar to the Google account I used on the Hero.

So I tried to do this procedure first.
    1) I went to Menu/Settings/Data Synchronization/Google, and toggled Calendar off, then back on, hit Menu and selected Sync Now.

When that didn't work, I did this.
    2) I cleared the Calendar data and cache in Menu/Settings/Applications/Calendar and then went back and did the Sync Now.

However, I only use the Google calendar and didn't have any local Hero My Calendar events on the Hero at all so I knew I wouldn't loose anything since it would just re-sync all my calendar events with Google Calendar.

4. INsano

INsano Member

Had the same issue a few weeks ago trying to access a shared calendar. After reading through the google forums on it, the short answer is that you can only access/sync the primary account calendar on your phone. I know, I thought it was ******ed as well.
    They'll add it in the future...who knows how long it will take though.

5. JDuc

JDuc Well-Known Member

ummm, that's not the case at all.

I'm able to sync with multiple calendars on my phone....now, I've created all of them. but I'm able to sync with all of them none-the-less.

If they're saying that you can only sync with accounts created by the primary user, then I could see that.

6. anacrusis

It fixed itself after a hard reset. The hard reset was done for another reason but it works now. I now have Outlook, Studio, Personal and Wife's calendar.

The hero is nice when it works. Sometimes I think my love for the phone is really only a love for Android. The phone itself is laggy and buggy and poorly made with stickers coming off and the possibility of getting dust under the screen.

7. luckyjwl

luckyjwl New Member

So let me see if I understand...

I have an HTC EVO 4G - I have a gmail for personal, and a gmail for work. I set my phone up with my personal gmail. My work gmail has my own work calendar, and 4 shared. I can only view my work calendar, not the shared ones. If i reset my phone, and set it up with my work gmail, instead of my personal gmail - I will be able to view my shared calendars?

8. anacrusis

I can see any calendar shared to my personal account.