Sharing Zoe videos (until app is active)Support

1. HenryKrinkle

HenryKrinkle Well-Known Member

I took a Zoe video today and planned to share it with family members. Youtube seems like the best option for now (until Zoe is live) but I can't get the video to upload in its full resolution. The video was 56 MB but I could only get it to upload as a 16 MB file. As you could imagine the resolution was terrible.

I also tried it via Google+ with the same result.

Is anyone aware of some option in the camera app to force the actual file to upload as opposed to the compressed garbage?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Copy the file to a computer and try uploading it from there. (First try viewing it on the computer - compression may not be the issue.)
    HenryKrinkle likes this.
  3. HenryKrinkle

HenryKrinkle Well-Known Member

:confused:
    I plan on doing that but was surprised I couldn't do it directly from the phone. I used to do it all the time with the M7.
  4. Blade of 3

Blade of 3 Well-Known Member

Looks like the Zoe feature has been removed until summer. Don't bother trying to take a Zoe because they will not show up, at least for the time being. Unfortunate that they had to disable it not long after the phone was released.
  5. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

This is not true. You can access Zoe through the camera app by pressing on the 4 circles in the bottom right corner of the camera. This allows you to access Zoe as well as other camera modes like panorama and video. The "Zoe" app in the app drawer is a future feature update that will enable additional functionality.
  6. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

I use the Zoe camera function daily. Not disabled at all.
  7. Blade of 3

Blade of 3 Well-Known Member

Misunderstanding. I'm aware how to use it because I used it before but I took a Zoe and it wasn't there. Must have not held it down right or something. I saw on the app "Zoe, coming soon" and thought there was some kind of update. Would be nice to be able to toggle Zoe instead of holding.