1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Sharp edge to MicroSD coverGeneral

Last Updated:

1. MamTor

MamTor Member

The MicroSD cover doesn't sit flush with the edge of the phone. Even if you push it in quite hard to compress the seal-ring a bit, you can still feel the edges if you slide your finger over it. Shame, as all the other port covers are nice and flush.

Anyone else got this ? If so, it's probaby not worth me returning the phone just because of this.

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Mine sites perfectly flush, I can't feel the edges when I run my finger over it.

Potentially silly question, but if you have an SD Card is it inserted properly?
  3. MamTor

MamTor Member

I spoke to Sony and they asked me to return the phone. If it wasn't a waterproof phone, they probably wouldn't care as much if a socket cover wasn't a perfect fit, but for obvious reasons, this could be a risk with the Z1. In the end, the shop I purchased the phone from was fine about replacing the item with another they had in stock and all the socket covers are perfectly flush with the surround. So yesterday I had all the fun of reinstalling everything again from scratch. At least 2nd time round I did a better job of sticking the screen protector on !