Shattered screen - Sprint helped me out

Last Updated:

1. ryanmiller78

ryanmiller78 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So my wife accidentally dropped her Evo and shattered the screen (see picture). I didn't have insurance on her phone and after checking around, the best option turned out to be repair at the Sprint store. They swapped the glass while I waited and allowed me to add insurance for future instances. Replacement cost was $119.00 and well worth it. Big shout out to the Sprint Store in Orange, California on Tustin Ave!!!

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. bimmjo

bimmjo Well-Known Member

Thats exactly how good customer service should go. Im not surprised. I have yet to have a bad experience with Sprint, they have always taken care of me. My phone dropped the other day. I can see a slight crack when I hold it at a certain angle, other than that if came through strong (thank the good lord)! Hope it can hold up over time. At least I know that replacement screens are a possibility now, thanks for posting.

3. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member

Looks like it has a case, but landed hard probably on a solid surface, looks like on the bottom where that case has no protection? Confirm/deny? How far was it dropped roughly? Thanks!

4. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

That's pretty brutal. Sprint's repair centers are usually pretty good except for the one idiot that forced my wife into an upgrade instead of giving her a new battery for her Palm.

5. ryanmiller78

ryanmiller78 Active Member This Topic's Starter

She did have the white Sprint case. No protection for the bottom. It fell out of her bike basket at about 10 mph (height of about 4 feet). It was a hard impact and I expected to see what I saw. I think that even if it has a full wrap case it would of broke anyway considering the circumstances.

On another note. Why did they move this to Sprint? Even though is has to do with Sprint, it is more relative to the Evo.

6. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

Probably because of your title.