• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shattered screen - Sprint helped me out

So my wife accidentally dropped her Evo and shattered the screen (see picture). I didn't have insurance on her phone and after checking around, the best option turned out to be repair at the Sprint store. They swapped the glass while I waited and allowed me to add insurance for future instances. Replacement cost was $119.00 and well worth it. Big shout out to the Sprint Store in Orange, California on Tustin Ave!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0290.jpg
    IMAG0290.jpg
    872.8 KB · Views: 183
So my wife accidentally dropped her Evo and shattered the screen (see picture). I didn't have insurance on her phone and after checking around, the best option turned out to be repair at the Sprint store. They swapped the glass while I waited and allowed me to add insurance for future instances. Replacement cost was $119.00 and well worth it. Big shout out to the Sprint Store in Orange, California on Tustin Ave!!!

Thats exactly how good customer service should go. Im not surprised. I have yet to have a bad experience with Sprint, they have always taken care of me. My phone dropped the other day. I can see a slight crack when I hold it at a certain angle, other than that if came through strong (thank the good lord)! Hope it can hold up over time. At least I know that replacement screens are a possibility now, thanks for posting.

Upvote 0
Looks like it has a case, but landed hard probably on a solid surface, looks like on the bottom where that case has no protection? Confirm/deny? How far was it dropped roughly? Thanks!

She did have the white Sprint case. No protection for the bottom. It fell out of her bike basket at about 10 mph (height of about 4 feet). It was a hard impact and I expected to see what I saw. I think that even if it has a full wrap case it would of broke anyway considering the circumstances.

On another note. Why did they move this to Sprint? Even though is has to do with Sprint, it is more relative to the Evo.

Upvote 0
She did have the white Sprint case. No protection for the bottom. It fell out of her bike basket at about 10 mph (height of about 4 feet). It was a hard impact and I expected to see what I saw. I think that even if it has a full wrap case it would of broke anyway considering the circumstances.

On another note. Why did they move this to Sprint? Even though is has to do with Sprint, it is more relative to the Evo.

Probably because of your title.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones