• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shaving balloons.

Balloon shaving on a shopping channel.
shaving a balloon.jpg

Has anyone tried this yet, does your balloon burst when try and shave it?

I've been trying to do this with a straight razor, but without much success so far, the balloons keep popping. :thinking: so much for "As seen on TV".

Well, I can honestly say that shaving a balloon is not something that has ever crossed my mind.

You see balloons in China will grow unsightly stubble if you don't shave them regularly.

With with electric razors the blades are protected and aren't "touchable." I promise you that my straight razor and safety razor would work ;)

Ah so the infomercial is showing why I should buy their special electric balloon shaver, so my balloons wont pop when I shave them.

Joking aside..it's just that rather odd balloon shaving infomercial caught my interest earlier.

Apparently learning to shave a balloon is a serious business at barber school.
http://straightrazorplace.com/beginners/30726-learning-shave-my-balloon.html

"I was talking to this old barber and said I wanted to try straight razor shaving and he gave me a good tip. I thought I would mention it here bc I have not seen it mentioned under any learning to shave threads, but I may have just missed it.

He said that when he was in barber school, they had to shave a balloon before they were allowed to shave a person. They would lather up a balloon and they had to shave off all the shaveing cream without popping the balloon.

Have any of you guys tried it? Souds pretty cool, and pretty frustrating all at the same time."

Reactions: 9to5cynic
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones