1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Shazam: Cool but bugged

1. JonathanC

JonathanC New Member

The app is a cool app and i must say it was on my top to download list on the huawei Ascend, however; it seems to bug the canvas widgets! I uninstalled and it worked perfectly. This is a cool app but not worth the headache. Sound hound works great too, and so far hasnt given me any problems. While i am a app hunter i found it surprising that such a famous app would be bugged and even lookout app didnt catch it after scanning it three times. My advice if you have a huawei ascend Do not download this app!

Advertisement
    EllevSoft, Tazumm and pmb003 like this.
  2. pmb003

pmb003 New Member

Thanks Jonathan, what app do you recommend for identifing a song ???
  3. gilbequick

gilbequick Well-Known Member

I've used both, Shazaam was buggy. It'd work sometimes and then most times not work. Sometimes I'd have to uninstall and reinstall to get it to work again. Ultimately uninstalled permanently.

Soundhoud works great. Never had a problem with it and I use it everyday. Bought the app.
  4. nikolaforum

nikolaforum New Member

I use this app. I like it !!
  5. GrouchoM

GrouchoM Well-Known Member

I use Shazam & Soundhound. If one fails to identify a song, I try the other. Unfortunately, I can't get Lyrics from Shazam, only Soundhound. I tried customer service but they didn't help.
  6. nanocomet

nanocomet New Member

I prefer Soundhound over Shazam, it has a better UI and greater ease of use.
  7. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

I just use both. If one can't find it, the other one usually does.
  8. zehel03

zehel03 New Member

Cool app!
  9. GrouchoM

GrouchoM Well-Known Member

While musixmatch is primarily lyrics providing app, it's also good at ID'ing songs.
  10. kingspalace007

kingspalace007 New Member

my soundhound can't find anything :( but shazam works like charm but lyrics are not supported so for that I use soundhound:p

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
  11. Ritsuke

Ritsuke Member

Tried both on my device and I'm going for Soundhoud on Android eventhough it's the other way around on iOS.
  12. Chacalt

Chacalt New Member

Didn't try this app. Does it identify only English songs?
  13. Tazumm

Tazumm Member

I am like a lot of people and use both Soundhound and Shazam. Soundhound seems to find a lot more songs, but I just love the karaoke style sing-a-long option that Shazam has...just wish it worked with every Shazamed song.

Love the Star Wars looking scrolling affect that some of the Shazam songs get lol.
  14. laura7

laura7 Member

Shazam is such a great app for music lovers! It can identify songs in other languages too, not only in English and can even identify television programmes that are playing :eek:
  15. DBDroider22

DBDroider22 New Member

I find this app comes in handy a lot!
  16. Marcthek

Marcthek New Member

I also use Soundhound and I am happy with it...more or less it depends on various conditions if the tracking works or not:

- distance to the sound source
    - frequency
    - toooooooo much bass^^
    - microphone's quality
  17. kjambrek

kjambrek New Member

the best app for finding songs ! :)