She fell off my desk...

Last Updated: 2011-06-16 15:18:46
  1. telemore

telemore Member

It wasn't a bad fall at all and the only damage was to the charger cable I had plugged in. The end part is now bent slightly and is a bit selective when charging until I can get a new one tomorrow.

Now im paranoid... does anybody else have a little bit of light coming from their mini usb port? It's not much but I want to be sure my problem is with my cable and not the jack itself.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

All 3 of mine show light around the usb port. My husband actually likes this cause it helps him plug his phone in in the dark
  3. telemore

telemore Member

Wonderful! Makes me happy and I seem to think I remember noticing it but when catastrophe strikes...... :p
  4. 2manyPHONES

Understandable, kinda like going shopping coming out and you see a cart near your car then notice a small scratch/dent and start thinking wtf was that there before??
  5. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Well-Known Member

The light from the usb port is the only way I can get mine plugged in at night.
  6. caraj

caraj Active Member

I never noticed that before. Just checked I see I have to angle the phone just right and now I can see the light. Very dim though so I think I will still need to blast my room light on and continue getting yelled at by my sleeping wife.
  7. DanielRicany

DanielRicany Well-Known Member

Wow. This just happened to me today, the exact same problem. I had to buy a new one for $32.09 from AT&T today. Strange that the cable is the only thing on the phone that breaks...
  8. telemore

telemore Member

I'd rather the data cable break than the port jiggle free off the motherboard...

I went to AT&T and tried to get a data charge cable, they only had charge. I asked if it would support data transfer and the poor girl looked like a deer in headlight and said "Uh you mean like to sync it? Like in iTunes? Yeah. It does"

Skeptical but needing at least a power cable I took it, seven dollars not a bad price...

The packaging distinctly says not for data transfers smh... Oh well, went to radio shack to look for a micro usb cable and they wanted thirty dollars! No thanks, Amazon to the rescue, OEM htc branded charge and data cable for five bucks. seven something with shipping and it will be here this week.... Waiting patiently and trying to psych myself up to root this beast too.
  9. 2manyPHONES

On amazon was it just the cable or cable/wall charger too for $7?

I have been getting the oem cable w/ charger for $10 on ebay but if i can get it for $7 then all the better. I like to have some spares on hand.
  10. telemore

telemore Member

It was.just the cable. Still a nice price
  11. 2manyPHONES

Definitely not a bad price. My husband loses one cable a month just about so I need to keep a few on hand.
  12. telemore

telemore Member

haha I'm a bit of a "HOARDER" (Got a bit of a problem but it's my house and my 37 cats) so I keep broken things
  13. Black_Cat

Black_Cat Member

Any Micro USB cable will charge and sync. The only thing different is if you want to plug it into the wall outlet. That part you just plug the USB cable into it. You can plug any Micro USB cable into the charger to charge your phone. And you shouldn't pay more than $10 for it. So if I understand you, your cable broke and not the wall plug. You should be able to just replace the cable and keep the old wall plug.
  14. telemore

telemore Member

That is exactly what I did. Yes sir.