Shell has been granted super user permissions?

Last Updated:

1. paganguardian

paganguardian Well-Known Member

So I'm using the gc01 repack, nothing custom, just rooted. Every once in awhile when I go to play a game, it will get stuck on a loading screen, and the little tab will keep popping up on the screen, saying shell has been granted super user permissions. When I go to the super user app, I don't see shell on the list or anything. What's going on here?

2. Bchaitt

Bchaitt Member

Reboot phone. Should go away. Long term fix would be to go back to stock and reroot.
  3. paganguardian

Now that you mention stock, from what the repack thread said, everything was suppose to be stock. I did notice the task manager was nowhere to be found. That doesn't say stock to me lol
  4. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Give a long press on the home key then select task manager.
  5. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

If you are on the stock kernel and have mobile Odin then try clearing Dalvik cache.

On another note, bad terminology was used in that post, calling it a repack. When referring to your ROM call it a ROM. A repack would refer to the kernel that is stock and has been repackaged with a custom recovery (AGAT, CWM etc).
  6. paganguardian

Gotcha and I totally didn't even notice the task manager when you hold the home key! Good looking out lol.