Shelving N1 for G2.

Last Updated:

1. batman25

batman25 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As I am seeing the specs for this phone im thinking about picking it up. I love the Nexus but the screen calibration issues has really been bugging me and I really dont want to go throught th erepair process. I would have to see it in person but it seems like it will be the only other phone that I would ever own.

Advertisement
  2. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

Yeah me too, I like the look of it, would prefer a faster processor but the N1 is fast enough and big enough so not after a whale of a phone. I'm hoping the G2/Blaze/whatever isn't too thick. It'll be interesting to see what having a keyboard will be like, which is the main reason I'm going for it; an N1 with a keyboard more or less. I'm going to use it until the Gingerbreads come out and have been out for a while and will keep the N1 to experiment with it I hope.

Mind you I am slightly iffy about the slower processor (800MHz), faster GPU though so not sure how it'll fare.

3. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

Looks like a nice phone. Not nearly a enough difference between the N1 and the G2 (unless you need the keyboard) to make the jump for me though. Need to get my $530 worth of this phone. If guys get it I would love to hear a comparison between the two phones.

4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

nope not me, i need a phone that is far superior to my nexus to pull me away.. the g2 just doesnt cut it

5. batman25

batman25 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

6. StarMenace

StarMenace Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that one.

7. Talbot

Talbot Well-Known Member

I have an attachment to my N1, it would be hard for me to give it up. I am so glad that I got it!

8. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

9. safeplayer22

safeplayer22 Well-Known Member

The only thing the g2 has over the N1 are the GPU, HSPA and the physical keyboard (only if you want a physical kb that is).

It is not close to being enough to get me to leave my N1 (that and the fact I paid $500+ for it for only 6 months so far).

Plus have you guys seen all support the n1 gets? A new Rom (MIUI rom) just came out made by some chinese dev and it's been driving the N1 to a whole new level. I have tested the new Rom and it's like a hybrid of the iOS and Froyo. It's really nice...it's like getting a brand new phone.

10. DellyBelly

DellyBelly Well-Known Member

If I were to give something up in the near future it could be the desire HD; it seems that will crush everything out right now and it has some killer features. I still love my N1 though and will give the honor to my wife once im done with it.....it's how you get to keep cool stuff and buy the next best thing without the wife yelling.

11. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Same.

I thought the Hd2 could run Android and has better hardware so I tried it and couldn't have been more wrong.

I've learned a lesson from trying to upgrade from my N1... DONT DO IT! ;)

The Nexus One is the perfect phone for me.

Physical keyboard? Pass