Shhhh.... NO vibrate TEXT MESSAGE notifications???Support

Last Updated:

1. infinitempg

infinitempg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Love my Incredible but one glaring issue I'm having I'm hoping to resolve here. At work I am in tons of meetings and conference calls and having a ring tone blast out isn't accepted too well :eek: So when I get to work I turn my ringtone volume down to VIBRATE and when I get a call, since I have my phone bare in my pocket, it vibrates and I never miss a call.

But as soon as I change to VIBRATE MODE, all the stuff for NOTIFICATION SOUND under SETTINGS is grayed out. If I go under MESSAGES and SETTINGS, the check box is checked for PLAY NOTIFICATION SOUND and VIBRATE.

I just tested this several times and with the phone in saver mode (screen timed out and is blank), I get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when I get a text message. No vibrate, buzz, blip or anything. If I call my phone it vibrates for the incoming call fine. BUt for a text message... NOTHING!

Since I *HAVE* to use VIBRATE MODE at work, how can I get the phone to notify me when I get a text message???? Kind of important to me as an out of state relative was trying to text me information about my mother's surgery and I was not getting any notification on my phone.

THANKS in advance for you assistance.

Advertisement
  2. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Go into messages then click menu, and go to settings. Make sure Vibrate: Vibrate when messages are recieved is checked under "Recieved Messages." Mine wasn't vibrating for a while and I was freaking out. Mine was checked but it still didn't work. I did a reset of the phone and it was fixed, no biggie, just really random.

3. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

Sound Manager is a great app that will fix it for you. I was having the same problem with no vibrate, but Sount Manager fixed my problem. It also lets you set specific times when you want it on vib/loud/etc, and lets you adjust all the settings (ringer, notifications, multimedia, all that).

I'd recommend it (obviously).

Tony Touch likes this.
  4. whitlecj

whitlecj Active Member

+1

5. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Sound Manager fixed the same problem for me too. I downloaded it, changed the vibrate settings, and then uninstalled it. Everything is vibrating exactly when it should now.

6. infinitempg

So I'm assuming Sound Manager won't required a HARD RESET on my phone like the Verizon tech was suggesting I do....? :rolleyes:

7. vjetti

vjetti Active Member

I had the same problem, found a similar thread, and tried Sound Manager. It worked once in a while. But last night, another thread on here turned me on to Timerrific. It has all the functions of Sound manager and more..and I finally get the vibrate for texts every time!!

8. infinitempg

I just installed Sound Manager and got my phone to vibrate on message receive while the phone is in vibrate mode.

What part of Sound Manager only worked part of the time? The scheduling? Any other advantages/disadvantages of Timerrific over Sound Manager???

9. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Nope. I think the use of custom notification sounds overrides the phones setting in regards to vibration. At least that's what I noticed. Sound Manager seems to override the initial override and make everything better again.

10. richhirt

richhirt New Member

Hello to all-
    I just picked the Incredible after using a basic Blackberry for the last few years. I'm able to get a notification vibrate and sound when a g-mail message comes in, but it is not giving a notification vibrate or sound when an AOL e-mail or a POP3 e-mail (from work) arrives. The settings for all three e-mail accounts are alike on the phone

I haven't even got to text messages yet - Any suggestions related to the e-mail notification problem I'm having?

Thanks