• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shiny New Phone

Hi,
I'm an Android newbie geeking out my new Samsung Moment. I'm a graphic designer in Florida who plays roller derby. Yep, that roller derby from the 70's.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get all my old contacts from my Verizon phone into my new one, but I think I'll just have to sit down and kill some time doing it myself. I know I need to get a case and screen protector and trying to wade through the myriad reviews and posts on this site. Zagg? Phantom Skinz? Hard case, silicon case, rubberized plastic?

I also know I need to update my software to Android 2.1 but silly Sprint won't let me do that from the phone itself. Lastly, I want to get all the extra software off the phone that Sprint installed, like Sprint NFL.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments please let me know.

Thanks!
Dawn

I'm going to repost this in the Moment area....don't want to add unnecessary posts...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones