Sholes root, Bugless beast rom

Last Updated:

1. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had an issue yesterday that resulted in a hard reset of my phone. I didnt want to go through the steps of doing a manual root again, and loaded up the sholes app. Today, again, I ran into an issue and had to wipe, but no longer have the rom choices for sholes. I noticed pete posted up some new roms (yesterday) and wanted to test them out till this sholes thing is figured out. Can I use the sholes app to load up bugless beat?

I tried to run as backup but ran into "error 25"
    then I treid to run the update.zip and ran into "improper permissions"

I know your all saying "why didnt you back up?" and I say, I really didnt think that a metamorph theme would cause issues, so I didn't backup before that. From now on though, I will backup before anything!

bump?

Advertisement
  2. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member

Well, right now sholes is pretty much shut down due to some drama between a few of the team members. So that is why when you pull up the Smupdater the only thing showing is the 2.0.1 no root rom. I have not tried this but I believe that if you wanted to flash Pete's BB rom, I think you could just download the desired rom and make sure that it is on the root of your SD card. Then just boot to boot menu and then just go down to install and select the update.zip file you downloaded. MAKE SURE TO DO A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST. That should work. Please, anyone, correct me if I am wrong.

3. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yeah, I was having so many issues I just backed up my data and did a clean install.