• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SholesMod Updater .08 and 2.0.4

Yeah, I dunno why everyone was running around Alldroid yelling that out. I posted a screen capture that plainly showed it was quite possible to run Steve's kernel over Sholes 2.0.3 (and it works on 2.0.4 as well). Prior to using Steve's kernel, I was using Tas' 1000m over Sholes as well.

I think people at AD are a bit Sholes biased, so they spread that misinformation.

4351844169_91fec64958.jpg

Notice the kernel version and of course, the ROM version.

http://androidforums.com/all-things...mproved-oc-kernel-w-2-0-1-fixes-t3hsteve.html

Awesome, thanks!!!

And yes, I try to avoid all the BS over at AD. Whew!!! :)

Upvote 0
2.0.4RC1 is out

2.0.4RC1 is out, final 2.0.4 will come tonight. LCD/Touchsceen fixes and more CPUFreq slots in final.
Only diff in 2.0.4RC1 is an option to remove Maps.apk to fix the Maps bug as some users were having issues deleting the apk.

SMUpdater 8

Camel has released SMUpdater 8 on 02/14/10. Get it from market, or get it for free here
Fixes problems when using magicandroidapp

Upvote 0
That's strange, because I upgraded from 2.0.3 also, and have no FC issues.

Still, I was hoping Steve's kernel was being implemented in this version. I just had to take 10 mins to reapply Steve's kernel, and then the improved audio libraries for my equalizer.

There hasn't been an update to the equalizer, has there? Wondered what you meant by "improved audio libraries" above - I'm assuming you mean the ones that were released w/the equalizer when it was posted on Alldroid, not newer ones, right?

Upvote 0
Im still running 2.02 because it was stable.2.03 had the maps issues so I never installed it.

Don't bother with 2.0.4 RC1, because it only fixes Maps FC for 2.0.3. users. If your 2.0.3 is fine, you should wait for 2.0.4 to release tonight.

It will be a big change, since they have employed Steve's kernel changes. The difference between your keyboard should be night and day.

Upvote 0
What was the maps issue? Today I looked up a movie with the movies app, then went to use the gps to navigate to it (which I had never used before combined with that app since I know where the movie theatre we usually go to is). Anyway, the gps couldn't find my location in navigation until I went through and closed down the movies app. I don't know if this is an issue with the movies app or with maps though.

Upvote 0
What was the maps issue? Today I looked up a movie with the movies app, then went to use the gps to navigate to it (which I had never used before combined with that app since I know where the movie theatre we usually go to is). Anyway, the gps couldn't find my location in navigation until I went through and closed down the movies app. I don't know if this is an issue with the movies app or with maps though.

Maps would FC on you, was the issue. I think those who never installed maps from the market had the problem. I installed it from the market the day they announced pinch to zoom and never had problems with it fore closing when i rooted to 2.0.3.

The solution has always been to simply uninstall and reinstall. Now they just make that part of the update process if you choose to do so.

On a separate note, I've reinstalled 2.0.4 and also went with the "old" app drawer this time around. MUCH faster. No FC errors yet...

Upvote 0
There hasn't been an update to the equalizer, has there? Wondered what you meant by "improved audio libraries" above - I'm assuming you mean the ones that were released w/the equalizer when it was posted on Alldroid, not newer ones, right?

Yeah, you're right. Not newer ones, but I had to reapply the changes after I flashed 2.0.4 RC1

Upvote 0
So i downloaded SM Updater from the Android market and i successfully rooted my phone. Very easy install. But now im seeing on other forums and youtube how the smoked glass theme looks and i dont have that at all. i know i selected the smoke glass options through my install and i dont have it. Can someone please guide me step by step on how i can get that to work. I love the pinch zoom browser, the big clock with weather, and the scrolling of the apps just wish it was on my phone. Also can someone explain to me what exactly are the benefits of having a rooted phone. besides the fact that my phone is running super fast now with my SetCPU app. Thanks for all the help.

Upvote 0
So i downloaded SM Updater from the Android market and i successfully rooted my phone. Very easy install. But now im seeing on other forums and youtube how the smoked glass theme looks and i dont have that at all. i know i selected the smoke glass options through my install and i dont have it. Can someone please guide me step by step on how i can get that to work. I love the pinch zoom browser, the big clock with weather, and the scrolling of the apps just wish it was on my phone. Also can someone explain to me what exactly are the benefits of having a rooted phone. besides the fact that my phone is running super fast now with my SetCPU app. Thanks for all the help.

Benefit: faster (isn't that enough?), tethering, more customization and access to root specific apps that improve function (Titanium Backup and Screen Capture programs for example), and the satisfaction of being a rebel (just like in Spinal Tap - "This amp goes up to 11" :)

As for the theme, I would flash again and make sure you check off the correct options.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones