SHOLS_U2_36.0 Firmware by G.O.T.

Last Updated:

1. jason600

jason600 New Member This Topic's Starter

G.O.T. have a pre-release of the newest Motorola Firmware SHOLS_U2_36.0.

I've been running this ROM for a couple of days now, it's stable and fixes almost all issues I've encountered with 2.1 on my milestone. This is NOT a hacked or custom ROM, it's a leaked official Motorola ROM.

I've noticed that the following bugs are NOT fixed:
    1. Camera bug which puts a small corruption on the right hand side of a wide screen photo is not fixed
    2. Long press on Search with the keyboard open still doesn't work (works OK with keyboard closed).

Everything else seems to work, no more random reboots, alarm clock functions correctly, etc

I have nothing to do with this group or this release. I am just a happy user passing on the info.

From their site:

Firmware releases G.O.T.'s Blog

We are proud to present to you the 2nd release of the new firmware for UK and Central Europe

These are not any modified HK firmware files, but the specific Motorola firmware releases that will be released soon.
    G.O.T. only injected the vulnerable recovery from nadlabak directly in the SBF files.
    All other modifications require our G.O.T Open Recovery.

Bugfixes in this release:

The following known bugs have been fixed within this release. We have done some testing and can confirm these fixes:
    Media Player resumes and plays music without being user-initiated is fixed
    Spontaneous reboots did not occur during our testing.
    Wake-up Alarm and other scheduled events now work properly. Confirmed with the alarm tester the infamous nadlabak has created (many thanks for that)
    Issues that although WiFi is active the MS cannot connect to authorised APs fixed.
    Camera displays 7pixel-wide streak on the right hand side when in Widescreen Mode – not fixed
    Settings widget displays GPS enabled although Navigation and GPS fix no longer required – works as designed to alarm user that GPS functionality remains active in the background
    Notification LED only lights up when in standby mode (screen disabled) – works as designed

We have tested and verified these within the G.O.T team and during our tests these bugs have no longer occurred. Since every MS is configured differently that does not mean that these may not occur in your particular configuration.

Advertisement
  2. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

I've been testing this for about two days now and it's been flawless for me.
    I can't get the overclock.ko loaded at boot time using the custom mot_boot_mode but other than that it's perfect.

3. dtonator

dtonator Member

Well although it states "service" release, after I flashed it, it erased my device.
    So I restored a nandbackup I made ..

4. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

Hmmm, doesn't the nandbackup override the firmware you flashed? Check the ROM version on your device after the nandbackup. I'm curious.

5. Goodold

Goodold Member

Hi all. I successfuly flashed the UK SHOLS_U2_36.0 to my Milestone. I tried to apply the overclock in GOT Openrecovery v1.02 ( I've also tried using LMF OpenRecovery v1.7 ) and the phone gets stuck at the M logo ( and doesn

6. hwonggc

hwonggc Member

I've successfully flashed the new firmware in my MS, but i dont see any new feature in it. Or am i missing on something? Could anyone tell me plz? thz....:p

7. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

@hwonggc
    Read the release notes. Nothing new, just fixes.

@Goodold
    You can still use the overclock app that can be found in the market. I'm overclocking my phone like this for now. I'm running it @1000 MHz and 58 vsel.

8. hwonggc

hwonggc Member

thz for the info. May i know what's your score with linpack?

9. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

With this rom and setup it's 8.252 mflops and 0.66 sec.

10. ashketchum

ashketchum Well-Known Member

Here's the "mot_boot_mode" that I use to get the overclock to work. I added a "&" after the "mot_boot_mode_bin" which is the original renamed "mot_boot_mode" file. And I had to add "omap2_clk_init_cpufreq_table_addr=0xc004e4b0" in the insmod line. Got the "c004e4b0" value by using the command "grep omap2_clk_init_cpufreq_table /proc/kallsyms" in Terminal Emulator which is mentioned in the official milestone-overclock wiki.

Code (Text):
    2. #!/system/bin/sh
    3. export PATH=/system/bin:$PATH
    5. # run original script
    6. mot_boot_mode_bin&
    8. #
    9. insmod /data/data/pt.com.darksun.milestoneoverclock/files/overclock.ko omap2_clk_init_cpufreq_table_addr=0xc004e4b0
    10. echo 66 > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
    11. echo 1000000 > /proc/overclock/max_rate

11. Goodold

Goodold Member

Thanks for the information. Which app are you using? There are a few in the market. Thanks.

12. ashketchum

ashketchum Well-Known Member

@Goodold

There is only one app in the market for overclocking the Milestone and its called "Milestone/Droid Overclock".

13. Goodold

Goodold Member

Thanks - I'll look again - thought I saw something called "Open Overclocker" and "OverclockWidget". Anyway I've seen the one you mention. Cheers for the pointer!!

14. dtonator

dtonator Member

Started with central european 2.1 official (SHOLS_U2_02.31.0 not service), flashed on top of it the vulnerable recovery. Then applied root update.zip, all as is described in this guide:
    http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-milestone/75460-milestone-2-1-update-root-guide.html

Then I made the backup, flashed the new FW from this thread.
    Saw that it erased my phone and just restored the backup I made.

15. MiRaGe

MiRaGe Well-Known Member

Hi, I have problem with this FW- I couldn't free my memory up when removed Motonav. It has been completely removed but my memory is still the same. On the previous versions of the FW I haven't had this problem ( normally I got 15-20MB more internal memory) .Is there any other procedure for this?

16. Kami

Kami Member

Hello,

I forgot to add that I'm using Central European version of this rom on my Milestone (overclocked - 1000MHz @ 56 vsel) and it's working great so far (it's a lot faster then the 0.34.0 which I have used before and I also don't have the reboot problems anymore).

The only thing which is not fully working is the GlassStone theme which I'm using (some language strings and broken and messed up), but this was expected and I can live with it (I'll probably post some screenshots later on, because some strings are messed up in a rather funny way :D).

17. dtonator

dtonator Member

Few days ago the official 36 revision was released in and-developers (Central Europe as of now).
    This time, flashing the Service version did not erase my phone :)

Really hope that this revision fixed the G.O.T's mentioned bugs.

18. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Just overclocked with the market app Milestone over clock works great!

19. Eggos

Eggos Active Member

Have been using this on my Telus Milestone using the Thai version of the GOT release, works perfectly.