Shoot me Down if it's Covered All the Way

Last Updated:

1. permazorch

permazorch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got the htc hero. I like it, but as I'm learning how to use it, I've accidentally LINKED up with facebook. I like facebook just fine, but I really, really detest having it take over all of my contacts. The emblematic "f" on all of my contacts faces (especially my own) really sets me on edge.

I want to completely UN-LINK from facebook. Do I have to reset to factory, and if I do, will I have to bug my phone carrier for set-up, again? That was painful enough, initially.

Thanks in advance, and I just want you to know I did a search before posting. Alas, sometimes my wording is clumsy.

-p

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Go to the settings, to Accounts and Sync and you can remove facebook from there.

The facebook app also gives you the option to sync contacts, so you'll want to disable that too.

permazorch likes this.
  3. thisnameistaken

thisnameistaken Well-Known Member

It's easy enough to unlink contacts from Facebook (as explained already) but kudos to you for freaking out and totally rejecting Facebook logos in your contacts list - that made me smile. :)

And I don't mean that in a patronising way at all.

permazorch likes this.
  4. Sub101

Sub101 Member

If the little Facebook logo really is what bothers you you can use SyncMyPix.

It syncs your contacts with their facebook pictures, doesnt show the facebook logo, and can be set to run as often as you like.

permazorch and Xyro like this.
  5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I'm using a vanilla ROM at the moment, so I may have to give SyncMyPix a try.

I tried one called Facebook Sync, but it got a lot of contacts wrong.

6. permazorch

permazorch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a lot for the advice and help! I really appreciate it. I went ahead and reset to factory, just because I hadn't done too awfully much detail work with it. These hints are really cool, though. Thanks again!