Shopping for a new phone and Samsung Moment is at the top of the list.

Last Updated:

1. Dillion

Dillion Member This Topic's Starter

My wife and I are shopping for new phones and the Iphone was the forerunner until I reviewed a few things that made them unbearable for me. First is difficultly of getting it tethered and second is the lack of true multitasking. That being said I'm looking into phones using Android and there have been a couple of things that I've read that I'd like to look into.

I do understand that for things like tethering you must get a rooted version of the OS and an app that allows you to access the connection. One question that jumps to mind... Is there anything else that rooting the phone benefits me? Access to additional apps or functionality? As well, can I utilize apps that come with it after rooting it?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :)

3. Dillion

Dillion Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, sorry I forgot the introduction part lol. MY names Dillion, I've been using blackberries for the past few years and have a Ipod Touch currently. My wife and I live in VA. As well I enjoy riding motorcycles and own a Triumph Speed Triple. Look forward to meeting you all.

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome! :D

5. ZX-10R

ZX-10R Member

Welcome Dillion... I ride the almighty ZX-10r i also ride with my boy he has the 955 Triumph

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool: