• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ShopSavvy Battery sucker?

Next time please report this to us directly (I just saw this note a month late). Anyway, we tested ShopSavvy on several different Android phones for more than 10,000 hours to determine how well we were managing battery resources. When in use ShopSavvy (just like the camera) uses a lot of juice. There isn't anything we can do - the camera is expensive on battery life. However, when not in use ShopSavvy can help increase the life of your battery. Seems hard to believe?

We have a background process that checks to see if another app has located your location and we use that location data the next time you scan. After we look we make sure everything is off. Interestingly LOTS of other apps leave stuff on after you use the app - unnecessarily draining battery life. By regularly turning everything off ShopSavvy increased battery life by about .1% - not much, but more than offsetting our idle process.

If you are having issues please email support@biggu.com and we can work with you to troubleshoot. There might be a new phone that uses the battery in a new way - we always update our code if there is an issue with new hardware (i.e. why we have so many updates each month). The good news is that everyone is making new Android phones, the bad news everyone is making new Android phones.

Cheers,
Alexander Muse
Co-Founder at ShopSavvy
Big in Japan | Developers of ShopSavvy

I haven't used shop savvy since I tried it a couple weeks ago for the first time and it uses 30+% of my battery not doing anything.
I am uninstalling it for now, but is anyone else having this issue?
Nick

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones