shopuld i buy it? questions

Last Updated:

1. stappern

stappern Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,
    just sold my galaxy i7500 and know im looking for a droid, i can get it for 300

Advertisement
  2. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

I'll answer your other questions first, and then come back to number 1.

2. The Milestone's CPU can be overclocked yes to 1ghz, but apparantly 800 - 900mhz is the ideal level for stability + battery.

3. I personally think the keyboard is useless and can't use it. Some people here will say otherwise, but compared to any other keyboard i've ever used, it's not v good. Keys are too flat, and you have to look at them to type since you can't do it purely by feel.

4. Froyo isn't available yet, but it will be. There has been no announcement as to when though.

1. The Droid 2 is essentially the same phone except with a faster processor, more ram, and better keyboard. Based on what i've said above, you should be able to work out whether you want to wait or not!

3. stappern

stappern Member This Topic's Starter

ok thank you but i have another question,

is this phone playable?

i mean i can use other rom like cyanogen or similar? i have read somwhere that the bootloader can't be changed or something like this:confused::confused:

4. Mortus

Mortus Well-Known Member

The long answer to that question is, and I hope I am interpreting it correctly, Yes you can root the Milestone but no the bootloader has not yet been cracked or at least cracked reliably.