Shortcut for direct dial has phone iconSupport

Last Updated:

1. parkschr

parkschr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I place a direct dial picture on a home screen, it shows their face and a small phone icon. (Covering one corner of their face) What the heck? My other direct dials are not like that.

Any ideas?

Here is a screen shot:

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. buffettgirl

buffettgirl Well-Known Member

When you say "other direct dials" do you mean icons that show in your favorites area? Those are much larger icons. The direct dial icons are the same size as other home screen icons so the "phone" icon covers part of it.

3. parkschr

I have a shortcut placed on one of my homescreens. It is a direct dial short to a friend. The friend's face is covered by a phone icon. Does that make sense?

4. androidxen

androidxen Well-Known Member

Are your "other direct dials" also shortcuts on your homescreen? It's a little cryptic as to what you are comparing it to...

5. buffettgirl

yes, it's because the icon is small. You can only fit so much in one little icon.

What other icons are you comparing this to? Are you trying to compare it to the size of the direct dial icons that show in the "favorites" widget? Those icons are much larger.

6. buffettgirl

indeed.

7. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member

I think I know what the issue is. When we got froyo the new direct dial/message shortcuts now include a little indicator telling us what the action is if you hit the shortcut. So now if you make a direct call and a direct message shortcut for one person (i.e. 2 shortcuts on your homescreen) you will see the little indicator telling you which action is assigned for each shortcut. Hope I'm making sense here.

The reason why some of your shortcuts don't have the indicator is probably because you haven't changed them since you upgraded to Froyo. Funny you bring this up because I have my old shortcuts too and really don't want to add new ones since the pictures are going to be covered up by the little indicator.

8. parkschr

see the first post for a screen shot

9. parkschr

That's it! Stupid little icon!

10. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member

Yep. The only way around it (that I know) is to use desktop visualizer. It's free in the app market.

11. parkschr

Thanks. I had to play with it a little to get it close to the size of the others. At least there is no little phone next to his face.

12. parkschr

Desktop visualizer makes the images to small for the box. I have tried increasing the size of the image to fill the little icon box. But no luck.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.